Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I often think about how most of the teens on todays soaps (GH at the moment) are around Heathers age when she did these stories, yet I just can’t see any of them pulling off this material like she could...maybe with better writing but who knows?

• Members

It was partly caused by witnessing Ryan and Nina, but also her own first time with Ryan (which took place before Ryan met Nina) which was quite traumatic for her. She slept with Ryan without being fully aware of what she was getting herself into.

Later, when Ashley found out and took her to a doctor, Victoria was left feeling humiliated when she realised that she didn't know whether Ryan had used protection or not and that she would have to undergo a year of testing before she was in the clear for HIV etc.

• Members

ChenowethRules uploaded the commercials from a June 1991 episode - no date given and I couldn't entirely figure out from the commercials (there was a commercial for "new show" Sunday Dinner - it premiered on June 2 and there was no mention of "premiere" so I think that may mean it was from the second or third week of June). I don't think they upload full material anywhere but if any of you know them maybe you can ask. 

• Members

Thanks, @YRfan23. I'm glad with your archives we know it wasn't a 'new' episode (and now I have a date for the ATWT promo in it). And thanks for the episodes. I skimmed through the first '95 - the actors in the 'teen' quad really did give it more weight and make you care, especially Sharon Case.And Phyllis was such a hoot at that time, helped by Danny being a wet noodle. When she lugged poor Sasha around and was peeping out of closets, I laughed all over again.

• Members

Thanks for providing these episodes @YRfan23 

Thoughts on the 6/26/95 episode 

From what I read and I suspect that these are Brenda Epperson last days as Ashley.  She and EB had chemistry. It's odd to see Victor be vulnerable. It is also quite clear Hope and he want two different things out of life and neither were going to budge.  I had to do a double take when Victor told Ash he was learning not to be a controlling father.

Please register in order to view this content

90's Phyllis would slap the present day one and show her she doesn't need anyone to help her scheme. I didn't know Sasha came onto the canvas this early. 

Only on television when someone would confide to their co-worker about their sex life.  I take it this is gearing up the Nathan/Keesha storyline. 

And I agree with @DRW50about the teen quad make you care about the storyline. Now we don't have teens on YR because the 40 something's have their stories.

Edited by Forever8

• Members

Just got done watching  with 7/14/95. 

This one not much happened. It is the aftermath of Nick and Matt getting into their big fight over Sharon. 

Deep down Hope knows she and Victor Jr. is in the way of Victor's life. She even accepted Cliff's offer to drive from Kansas to Genoa City to get her and the baby. At first Douglas came off as nosy by asking her if that was Victor on the phone? However, he did redeem himself by coming close to telling her about Victor dealing with Nick. Victor & Hope did seem to resolve their issues... for now.

It's obvious Matt is going to do something sinister due to his anger. Amy defends both Nick and Sharon to him. 

Poor Olivia! She gets in her lingerie for Nathan 3.0. He is like I'm not in the mood.  So she goes to confide her suspicion to the same male doctor from before. Then she goes to see Paul whom just had an encounter with Mary and Christine about take out food and her infamous sauerkraut and spare ribs. Liv wants Paul to investigate Nathan. But he knows Nathan is interested in another woman . He ends up telling her about it being a conflict of interest. Liv tells her she will get to the bottom of it, before leaving the office.

We also get a cameo of Lil Nate's Nanny. 

Nikki comes over to the apartment to tell Sharon to stay away from Nick. Also blaming her for him getting hurt.  Stating she shouldn't have gave off the persona of being virginal. Sharon admitted she should've told Nick about losing her virginity and having a baby.  Before Nikki departs, Sharon tells her to tell Nick she is sorry. 

• Members

I'd forgotten about Amy... she was a fully fleshed out character.. and it's a shame that the show traded her out for Grace.

The real Ashley (Brenda E)... how I enjoyed her Ashley much more than Eileen or Shari's take on Ashley.

Hope/Victor was always an odd match.. but it was interesting seeing how Victor's attempts at control didn't work on Hope like it did on Nikki/Ashley.

Phyllis.. back when Stafford wasn't super campy.