Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Actually I might remember this... I saw the winter' 84 episode "Paul and Andy Rescue Nikki from Rick Daros" at the Paley Center. There was a scene with Traci and Amy at the college coffeehouse with a song playing in the background, and that song might have been "Yah Mo B There". It stood out to me because I was impressed that back in 1984, soaps had the budget to license and play actual songs by the original artists (as opposed to cover versions that are cheaper).

If someone goes to Paley to watch this episode, they can confirm if I'm right

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Oh my goodness, you know when I read about the use of the song on the Wikipedia website yesterday, an image of Paul and Andy giving chase immediately sprang to mind?

I think you could be right! 

I was like nine back then so I have very vague recollections of storylines and episodes of Y&R from the early to mid 80s.  And it doesn't help matters that characters like Amy and Andy have been all but completely forgotten.

Too bad, the daytime soap industry is so resistant to making their old catalogs available to be viewed online, although music rights could complicate a matter like this.

I remember when Whitney Houston died, the soap blog We Love Soaps posted clips of her appearance with Jermaine Jackson on As The World Turns in 1984.

• Members

Yes, that's right. Janice Lynde often sang that beautiful song, and it was played in the background as well, during the Brad/Leslie romance. The show used to play Down the Line, also from the Bless the Beasts soundtrack, too. Sexy Snapper Foster (the William Gray Espy version) would be soaping up in the shower, getting ready to go out and be a male 'ho, while viewers listened to, "Don't know where I'll sleep tonight...don't know if it's wrong or right...don't know where I'll sleep tonight...."

• Members

Hi all, great news! I just bought the master tapes I was telling you all about. And one more thing, the Friday, August 22 tape isn't from 1978, it's from 1975! And the Friday before that, Phillip Chancellor died! So let's hope we will see some scenes concerning that with Kay and Jill!! Here are some pictures of what the tapes look like from eBay!

• Members

Woohoo!!! That’s so great!! oh man I’m even more excited now! Seeing those episodes will definitely be a treat!! Seeing those old master tapes feels like they came out of the CBS archives!

thats interesting about the August 22 date. I wonder if it’s a mislabel because i always thought Philip died on Memorial Day 1975?? 

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

That IS great news!  I hope you can find a way to convert those tapes and then upload them!  I'm DYING to see some '70s Y&R -- and since CBS/Sony/Bell won't do the decent thing and make their libraries of Y&R and DAYS available, this will be the next best thing!  

Edited by Khan