Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

@BoldRestless Those episodes are magical. I started watching the show only a few months after they aired (Cole was gone by the time I tuned in).

It's so odd looking back how they had Victoria in triangles with women so much older than her. Heather Tom is a very mature actress but she looks like a kid. Also this Vicky is so far removed from who we have now and they never ever reference her life from before Amelia Heinle took over (she was married more than once, widowed, had a stillbirth, with the recast it's like they got a clean slate). They may as well not be the same character.

Edited by Darn

• Members

Victoria's best rival (when Heather Tom played the character) was Nina... they worked as friends, rivals, and frenemies.  It's telling that during the years when Nina was appearing when Victoria was recast.. they had little to no interaction.. which always confused me because Victoria/Nina had such an interesting and complex history in the 90s.

• Members

There are two episodes of Y&R from 1980 on youtube. Both episodes feature Nikki when she was married to Greg Foster, but I don't think they have cast crawls. These won't embed, so you will have to click the link to take you to youtube. Bond Gideon's husband posted them. She played Jill briefly in 1980 before being replaced with Deborah Adair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j70XblJyb8c&t=8s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFeYLLgpqx8&t=44s

• Members

Those early episodes are great. Thanks for posting.

I wonder if the scenes with Jess Walton and Josh Taylor with Jill fantasizing about making love to Jed Sanders while having sex with John exist somewhere. I remember being a kid watching those scenes, and they were stunningly frank compared to most soap love scenes (John grunting in an implied orgasm and Jill screaming “Oh God!” in pleasure at the end). As you can tell, that scene imprinted itself in my memory.