Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

I'm glad both episodes will feature Katherine!

Please register in order to view this content

I enjoy seeing the Brooks, but seeing Katherine and Jeanne always gives it more familiarity.

I guess we will also see if the 8/22/75 is indeed after Phillip II died....It looks like we see Kay living in a hotel suite in that episode? did  she move out temporaily when Phillip left her for Jill? 

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It is funny that you would ask that because I was reading a recap from 1979 and this came up:

Jill entered L'Allegro and suddenly felt less alone ... Derek was there too. 

One thing is certain, she would not reveal that she was shocked to hear that Suzanne and he were planning to remarry. 

Derek, who did not want to let him know that he too was shocked by the news, explained that he was planning to resell the Chancellor residence and leave for the south of France with Suzanne. He would probably leave tomorrow. He would never see each other again after tonight. 

Which also made me wonder if there was a time when Kay didn't live in the mansion (or residence as it is called here)? 

• Members

I recalled Jill moving into the mansion following Phillip's death.

So I checked an old synopsis

Many months of bitterness followed Phillip Chancellor's death. Jill possessed Phillip's money and property, including the house. Jill insisted that her entire family move into the house, but they weren't used to having servants and felt strange at first. With Jill's prodding, they began to enjoy being wealthy. Meanwhile, Katherine was driven to prove that Phillip and Jill weren't really married and to get back her house. During a messy courtroom battle, Katherine told how she had been coerced into signing divorce papers while she was drunk and didn't know what she was doing. She won the case and got her estate back and made Phillip's son illegitimate. It bothered Katherine that Jill was carrying Phillip's baby and offered Jill a million dollars if Jill would give legal custody of the child to her. Jill agreed.

• Members

I wonder if Kay will be ranting to Brock in her hotel suite about Jill living in her home in the 1975 episode. And as for the 1979 synopsis, Derek and Suzanne lived at the mausoleum while Kay was presumed dead. When Kay haunted Suzanne, it was while Suzanne was living in Kay's home with Derek and had Liz as the housekeeper to keep tabs on Derek and Suzanne.

Edited by ltm1997

• Members

I will be uploading more full eps but for now I wanted to share this playlist of Y&R minisodes that use to be on the CBS site. 5 minute clips with stories like the Matt Clark/Nick Newman fight at Crimson Lights, Christine & Paul's honeymoon, and Cole telling Victoria that Victor was his father. There was also one with Victor & Nikki's 2002 wedding, but there's a worldwide copyright block on that and I have the full episode for that anyway, if anyone needs that (assuming that I'll be able to upload it).

I changed my second channel's name. BoldRestless is my public channel where I have ATWT and GL full episodes and some Y&R and B&B promos and specials. RestlessBold is where I will upload unlisted Y&R and B&B episodes and other clips.

• Members

Thank you @BoldRestless – I’ve never seen these Minisodes before.

I’ve seen some clips but not others… like I’ve seen the May ’82 Hasselhoff clip, but the one with Snapper and Sally from ’81, in the Nikki stripping minisode, was a cool find. Love the background music when Chuckie walks in.

The Cole/Victoria scene, with the horses and the rainstorm and all the drama, was epic!

Jeanne C was amazing in those divorce scenes - I can see why Katherine later contested signing the papers, as she did indeed appear black-out drunk at the time.  But I feel like every clip I’ve seen Donnelly Rhodes in as Phillip, he seems wooden. Which is surprising, as I remember him from later in the ’70s on the sitcom “Soap”, and he was hysterical.

• Members

I'm glad you enjoyed them!

I have 6 episodes from June 1999 (unfortunately, this is all I have for that week). This includes Victor coming back from the dead for the (third?) time, the "I Will Crush You" portrait scene, Katherine admitting she is Mac's grandmother, scenes from the Cassie custody trial, and a special appearance by Leanna Love! (and, weirdly, Tara Lipinski).

June 18, 1999

June 21, 1999

June 22, 1999

June 23, 1999

June 24, 1999

June 25, 1999