• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Is it possible we can get these episodes uploaded when you have them please

Please register in order to view this content

, and I think these were already uploaded but for some reason there's Soo much haters trying to keep us from seeing it or having it up like everything else

• Members

I think that's the same episode from 1974. There's no earlier Considine as Phillip episodes that have been posted (as far as I know)  besides this one.

I have those saved!

Please register in order to view this content

you can find them all in this playlist!

• Members

Thanks for the links, YRfan23! That 1974 episode is in better condition than the copy I have, but for some reason I cannot download or save it. What a drag! Anyway, I'll keep trying. And the playlist with all the Lorie clips is much more extensive than I thought. I only had the first five or so, so again...GRACIAS! We vintage soap buffs have to share the treasures we find!

• Members

Looking up the actors who played Philip 'Chance' Chancellor before John Driscoll is blowing my freaking mind.

So obviously there is Penn Badgley, who is having a career high right now with YOU. Then there is Thomas Dekker who has maintained a steady and successful career as an actor ever since he left. 

But even the lesser known children who played him are actors that are instantly recognizable to me. I can't wrap my brain around the fact that "Uh-huh" from the The Little Rascals film played Chance. I watched that film all the time as a kid and he was my favourite part. Courtland Mead also voiced Gus from the animated show Recess, another huge part of my childhood. 

There there is Alex Lind who I instantly recognized as the kid from One Fine Day, with Michelle Pfeiffer and George Clooney. He also had the unfortunate task of trying to continue the Home Alone franchise. 

Both of them don't look too shabby either from the most recent pictures I can find.

Now, Nicolas Poppone I don't recognize at all, but I found out he left acting at 13 to study violin. He uploaded this video in July 2018!

I know this post was just random babbling no one should care about, but I needed to get it out of my system.

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members

Well, yes. Although I found Vanessa and her veil to be too campy for my taste, it was not OUTRAGEOUSLY idiotic. I continued to watch Y&R religiously, even if I did roll my eyes at Vanessa's behavior. On the other hand, when far-less-less talented writers destroyed DAYS, GH, TGL, etc., with painfully stupid, campy crapola, I had to stop watching, in order to preserve my sanity, LOL.

• Members

The Suzanne Lynch story was pretty far-fetched and campy as well (which is why I just wanted it to end), but neither Y&R nor any of the other shows really went off the deep end until GH introduced the brain-dead Ice Princess story. (I don't count Dark Shadows, because it was a specialty soap, so to speak, and had been designed to be gothic in the first place.)