Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

id rather run thru on coming traffic then watch any of the LML era by far the worst head writer/executive producer in daytime history. I put all the blame on her for the down warp spiral this show has been on. she fired all of the Bell ppl and the show has never recovered.

• Members

Her praise of the characters?

The camera work?

Her assertion that Bell's heroines were basically courtesans with token jobs?

Attributing the sperm storyline to Bell?

Latham took over from Bell?

Praising John Abbott's death?

Victoria became sharp-witted, ironic, and an ethical force to be reckoned with?

Nikki an impressive senatorial candidate?

And so on and so forth.

jeal0002.gifjeal0002.gif jeal0002.gif nbe.jpg nbe.jpg nbe.jpg nbe.jpg nbe.jpg

Maybe if she wasn't feverish when watching, she would not have written this.

And then it goes on and on and on and on.

It's interesting but I don't think I've ever been so pissed by an article before.

And then it disintegrates into some type of feminist something, claiming that Pratt and Spelling are paragons of strong women. Wow.

Edited by YRBB

• Members
But LML didn't do any damage that a skilled HW couldn't fix. Let's take a look at MAB's track record:

- Retconning Jill and Cane's parentage 57 thousand times

- Killing off perfectly good characters, including young characters like Colleen, Jana and Ricky, who could have lead the show into the next generation

- Further ruination of Sheila's back story, making it damn near impossible for Sheila to ever return

- Screwing up the timeline with ridiculous SORASing (Abby being 21 while Kyle was only 10? PUH-LEASE!)

All of those things (save for maybe the Abby/Kyle thing) are almost irreversible. The only major deaths under LML were John, Sheila and Dru (and the latter two could easily have been reversed).

And let's not even touch some of the other things MAB allegedly wanted to do (killing Lily from cancer around the same time Colleen died; killing Sharon in another murder mystery).

• Members

All this is true.

However, LML ruined the characters. While MAB's plotting left a lot to be desired, there was at least an initial effort to return the show to what Bell had made it, misguided or bad as it was.

LML also destroyed the format, style, tone, directing, lighting--in other words, she changed absolutely everything that made Y&R, Y&R. In the meantime, she also murdered the characters. There was absolutely nothing recognizable about the show back then.

Returning from the damage she made is not an easy thing.

And then we got MAB.

• Members

I get frustrated by the lack of episodes and clips of the 1973-1983 period. I have already seen what is already on you tube. I wish some episodes would surface of Nikki & Greg Foster's marriage, Victor and the dungeon. Leslie Brooks mental break down etc......

I remember a few years ago there was a promo that was missing nearly all of it for Y&R around 1980. It was only uploaded for maybe a month before it was removed.

It had a voice over that said something like " In Genoa City a young couples marriage is in trouble" and it was a scene of Nikki and Greg playing pinball and Greg looked skeezy and had on a running jacket unzipped without a shirt on. Nikki had on one of those sun dresses ala Val Ewing from Knots. Nikki was asking Greg why he was acting weird and he had a flashback to a court scene. She went to get something and he was asking himself if Nikki was lying to him. Before the N&G scene there was a quick glimpse of a scene where there was a door slamming and Julia Newman was sitting in fron of the mirror as the sad vintage background music was playing and she dropped her head and started to cry. I assume she and Victor had an argument.

• Members

Yeah it gets frustrating. Many years ago there were a lot more clips from the very early 80's, around 82/83. Like full episodes during the time Nikki was pregnant with Victoria.

Unfortunately I never thought to save them.