Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

I've love to see actual footage from Kay shattering the patio windows with Jill's screaming at the revelation that Katherine was actually still alive. The audio I've heard made it sound absolutely terrifying.

I also thought Jill had married the blind guy David but my memory of reading the late 70s' synopses must be really skewered although it was part of a bit of redemption tale for Jill if I recall right.

That photo of Neil and Dru did seem odd to me and screamed more 1987 than early '90s. Steve Ford and Colleen Casey don't look too flattering next to Davidson and Bregman either.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So right now there is a A LOT of the Jill/Jed affair on Youtube between Mamie threatening Jill to Jill's bday disaster and I was wondering what people thought of the story. It seem like an easy convenience for Jill to return to her wild ways with John's impotence yet she still loved him so it was kind of hard to watch. I know the divorce and custody battle was incredible to watch but I had to wonder if it was all really necessary or believable enough.

I think my ultimate fantasy would have been Jill and Ashley clashing over Blade as played by either Peter Reckell or someone similar rather than Michael Tylo. Or at least had the affair with Blade.

• Members

Interestingly they had Jill and John mend ways a bit in 1987 when Brenda was still in the role, so I wasn't surprised Jill and John re-connected and re-married. I was disappointed that it had to end in another affair. I actually thought it would have been something for Jill to stick it out with John through his impotence but fall out of love with him and want a divorce. No fault, but plenty of anger. I realise Jill needs passion and it was in keeping with her character, but I would have liked some growth on her part. After the disasters with men since her first divorce to John I would think Jill could have held back the insatiable desire to sleep with Jed. At least with Jack it was just once and she was vulnerable thinking she was going to die alone in the snow. With Jed it was crazy OTT.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I really forgot their was an original JT, I remember the first Brittany and Rianna coming and going but I don't remember a JT other than Thad although I missed a lot of the beginnings of those stories. Earliest thing I can remember of JT is Jill's disapproval that JT and Billy trashed the estate with a house party.

Rianna! What a forgotten character. I think Alexis Thorpe has fallen off the radar as well.

Edited by soapfan770