Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Lauren had moved out of that role before Phyllis arrived. She was mostly a quasi-vamp in her last year or so in her original Y&R run, with her last story being about her only peripherally, mostly being about Traci and Brad instead.

I think the show didn't know what to do with her after the Sheila saga ended. They seemed to have no real idea what to do with her in the late 80s either, and Sheila masked it for a few years.

Edited by DRW50

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Watching some of this.

The dialogue in the Victoria/Nick scene is poor, but Heather Tom sells it.

I really enjoyed the scene with Lauren telling her designers to take a risk (foreshadowing her moving to B&B ). It's nice to see that executive side of Lauren, and I thought the black woman (don't know her name) had a good screen presence. I wish they'd used her more.

I remember SOD or SPW rolling their eyes at Mamie walking around Genoa City with a million dollars in a paper bag.

Is it me or is Katherine almost needling her when she arrives?

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I don't really care for this particular Nick/Sharon/Matt story (I guess because I have already seen most of it online as it was the only 95 clips that were available for a while) as popular as it was, but I can see why Nick/Sharon were slowly becoming a popular couple as they did try to add the "star-crossed" lovers theme with them.....Victoria is such a little Bitch in this episode though.....I was hoping they would show the mysterious female editor of Cole's in this episode.....

The Lauren stuff was fun, glad to see some of Lauren right before she moved to B&B. That black woman (Leslie I believe her name was) reminds me of one of those popular R&B singers of the 90's.

I also enjoyed the Katherine/Mamie/Esther scenes, but how dumb of Mamie to carry the money in her bag........more stupidly Katherine tells her that carrying that loot around town might cause it to get wet if it rains, where I would be more concerned of Mamie getting mugged.....not a bright line of dialogue......and the whole reason why Mamie took the money just because she thought she "deserved it" because of putting up with Jill all those years, just makes her sound like a gold-digger.....I did like the John and Jill scenes and how he knows deep down Jill was responsible for Mamie quitting.

• Members

What was her name...Jeri?

I mostly enjoyed this story because of Sharon. There was a simple purity about Sharon at this time. I miss that.

During the story about the photos of Jill and Jack, I think there was a grocery bag of money for Katherine that was stolen, or something. Too bad they didn't bring that up.

• Members

Jeri that's right, don't know who played her....

I love Sharon's inability to wanna stand up to the Newmans (well Nikki and Victoria) to fight for Nick. I know none of Sharon's actions of the past few years are close to being justified, but seeing the way Nikki and Victoria treated her back then sort of gives her the right to feel the way she does now about the Newman's.

I didn't realize that about Katherine and the money, I just remember the one episode when she digging through the trash.

glad you are enjoying this episode! I have another 1995 episode coming, which is also very good! there are some Nikki and Victor as well as Keemo and Mari Jo scenes that are unintentionally hilarious that I can't wait to share.