Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Wasn't Amy in one of YOUR prevous uploads or linked by someone else in this thread ealier??? Thought we already discussed her having a brief comeback. My guess is that Williams indeed got the GH contract and left for goo, so that Y&R went ahead with casting the Barber sisters.

PS: for the sake of looking greedy, could you please reupload those 3 or 4 episodes you had on your last shut down YouTube channel??? I totally missed them which is a shame. Keep the uploads coming; this is muc appreciated :-)

Edited by sheilaforever

• Members

Hmm.....I know there was (or still is) an early 1988 episode where Amy spends most of the episode "bar-hopping" to look for Nina, but she was still on the show for a couple months later......I knew nothing of this 1990 return and i'm sure whenever I get to posting that episode it will lead to some discussion.

Yes I will certainly get to those re-uploads! It's hard knowing where to start because I just got even more "un-released" episodes but I will make a special point to get to the ones I already uploaded......

I wonder if it's easier to just make a single thread of the video fourms for the episodes or just keep sharing the links on here.....

• Members

The highlight of that episode was Kay calling Jill a bitch right in front of the minister.....made me laugh.......

The scenes with Dru made me sad that she chose modeling over dance.....the modeling thing is too cliched in soaps.

Nice to see more of the back surgery stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I just rewatched the episode where Billy & Mac meet for the first time (during a hilarious and heartbreaking scene) and I am swooning all over again, especially knowing what comes next. The beginning of one of the best sets of teens on daytime ever, without a doubt, as well as a great teenage love story.

• Members

Thanks!

So interesting to read about the cast defection. Whenever this is referenced, it sounds as if Bell just decided to end the original families and do something new (to pair it with the expansion to an hour as well). Here, he says that the cast was leaving in droves and there was no choice. Hmmm. Interesting. It certainly benefited the show.

• Members

Thanks. This article makes me even more upset that Kay Alden is no longer involved with Y&R.

I thought I read that they did lose some ratings when they dumped the Fosters and the Brooks, but still, it was the right decision, and gutsy as hell. Frankly, it's one I wish they'd make now.