Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

So I'm guessing that huge catfight in the courtroom lobby was sort of used as a way to reignite Katherine and Jill's rivalry. I know Kay had already planned to testify for John without letting Jill know before Rex died, but since Rex had just been killed at that point, I guess Katherine's pain would drive her to start getting into catfights with Jill again.

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That's the part I forgot to add.

Sometimes I wonder if Bill actually liked writing for Katherine in the early 90's. If you watched all those episodes I posted (or anyone elses) all she does is give advice (not very good advice i may add) to Nikki about her boy toys, throw parties, or just sit around with Rex talking crap about Jill.

• Members

Katherine has tried to talk sense into Victor many times but he pretty much pats her on the head & ignores her.

The only time he really listens to her advice (over his own children) is when she's telling him about Nikki.

She wasn't happy about the Jabot takeovers but because she wasn't into business (until MAB) she didn't rip into Victor for it & was mainly there as a friend to John.

• Members

So I'm guessing that Katherine lecturing Jack about taking over Newman a few months ago was OOC, if Katherine could really care less about business herself. Katherine shouldn't have been as upset, knowing Victor's history with taking over Jabot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Good to see early Phyllis there and a young Eddie Cibrian. I think Cibrian was on what, Baywatch Nights concurrently with Y&R during his last days on the show, and yes that is LOL-worthy. Is that Steven Culp as Brian Hamilton?

The Victor and Ashley scene was nice and ironic in hindsight. I think they were becoming sparse by this point as Epperson was in and out during this time if I recall right. Much better than the flat scenes we'd get a couple years later of Shattuck's Ashley breaking down before Victor confessing her affair with Cole.

• Members

It's great that 1995 episodes are slowly surfacing more and more.

I can't imagine Victor ever having a conversation like this again. For someone who has spoken about how much he hates the scenes where Victor has to fight with his kids, Eric Braeden sure hasn't helped matters since that is all Victor does now. I'm guessing Victor was at his "Hero" peak here.

I really am curious to know how often we saw Ashley around this time. Someone else is uploading some December 1995 episodes that involve Ashley mourning Blade and meeting Rick for the second time.

Even though the writing is better, you can kind of see here how Phyllis is still the same, only difference is that she was sucking the life out of Danny and Christine/Paul and not the whole time town.

• Members

I should upload the August 1995 episodes I have. The two or three eps I know I have tucked away mostly deal with Nick shooting Matt and the weird stuff of Cole and his nutty apprentice.

Epperson took an extended maternity leave if I recall right and the whole Blade/Rick tale sputtered and got confusing. I'm glad to hear someone re-uploaded the revelation episodes, Jill's involvement and Jess Walton's performance stole the story as did Diane Barton.

• 2 weeks later...