Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

True. I also think Bell wrote from a patriarchal point of view sometimes. Maybe he wished for the closeness with his own daughter when she was grown, was LLB born when Y&R started?

The Brock/Lorie thing intrigues me, they had a fling in Europe (offscreen) and she tried to tempt him back into bed, but he had found god. I think it was one of those minor flirtations Bell seem to do a lot. Would be interesting to see those scenes. As they had no interaction (from memory) during her guest appearance at Nikki and Victor's wedding in 1984, I could be wrong and it would seem odd if they didn't.

Y&R did extremely well in the first year for a show not being broadcast in many places initially.

Off hand Carl I heard Bryna Laub disliked the show, while most of the soap press seemed to applaud it. Do you know why?

Edited by will81

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Just saw the brittany talk from earlier, man i loved her. She was such a great layered character that I felt worked really well both in supporting and lead, with her age group & with holder, in drama or comedy. Its a shame she is gone.

I heard Lauren Woodland went to law school.

• Members

I think LLB was a small child around the time Y&R started, as he named Lorie after her.

Not sure about Laub. The soap press generally did seem to like Y&R from the bits I've read. It seemed like something of a bridge between ATWT and AMC, which were both very polarizing to the soap press.

Sometimes when I look at Tom Hallick I think he's Tom Selleck.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Thanks for the article Carl. It's a shame that Y&R did away with those sets. I think the Forrester house on B&B is the Brooks home set with the windows and doors changed.

I always thought it would have been interesting that after the ranch burned, they had Victor buy the old Brooks home and he and Nikki live there. That new place Victor built has no class.

• Members

I found a SoapCity Q&A with Jack Smith. I can't find the link right now and it did not have a date, but given his comments, it was a few months before he was fired from Y&R and LML took over, 2005/early 2006. Anyway, he talks about J.T. and Colleen being his favorite contemporary story and then goes on to say when asked there were no plans to bring Colleen back although they talked about it for a few minutes. Next he praises Rachel Kimsey as Mac, saying how she had become the character and worked really well with J.T. RME. AB was fired right? I vaguely remember a controversy over her firing.

• Members

I am always going on about Kevin outliving all those much more enjoyable, stronger, and better younger characters. Only mediocre Lily is still around. It goes to show how soaps are mostly run by idiots.

Edited by Ann_SS