Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

ITA. There is no comparing LML to MAB. LML did damage, but it was all repairable. Nothing that she broke could be unbroken by a half-way decent headwriter. Even when she killed off Dru, she made sure that her body was never found, leaving the door open for VR to return. What MAB did to Brad and Colleen was unforgivable. There absolutely no reason to kill off the character in such is horrible permanent way. She could have sent Brad off to do business in Europe or Asia. It would have left the door open for him to return one day. As for killing off Colleen, that was disgusting and indefensible. There was absolutely no justification for killing Colleen, none. And the trite fake manufactured drama way that she killed such an important character was cringeworthy. I still think that there has got to be way to bring back Colleen. I'd be willing overlook the incredulity to have her back.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Exactly.

Making SORASed Abby more Newman than Carlton made Brad too irrelevant a character for Y&R to bother giving Diamont an open exit.

Doug Davidson will be in a similar position (as a character) once the Jamie story ends.

Braeden LOVES Jess Walton.

He's never had issues with her.

• Members

That's good to hear, I figured they got along but I just wasn't sure because I know Braeden complained when Heather had to slap him, even though he only agreed cause he probably loves her too.

Were there ever any female actresses on the show who Braeden wasn't fond of at all, whether he worked along side them or not....All the actresses that worked with him seem to have nothing but good things to say. (as do most of the cast in general...(besides Bergman), despite his behavior sometimes)

• Members

Braeden did agree to go through with the scene because he respected Heather (though he vowed he would never do another scene like it).

Braeden (like many in the cast) wasn't that fond of Brenda.

He's also had minor problems with MTS, Sharon Case & Lauren Woodland but usually he gets along very well with most actresses.

• Members

No Brenda Dickson.

Lauren Woodland played Brittany Hodges from 2000-2005.

Were these minor problems more about how the actresses behaved on set or something personal that they said or did to him. I know how MTS can be and I know the recent twitter wars between Case and Braeden.

• Members

His problems with them were about his stories/airtime.

He was not happy about MTS heavily pushing to work with John Enos & he didn't like Woodland moving into the ranch (which is why she & Enos moved out as quickly as they moved in).

Case wasn't happy about how Y&R handled her exit during her contract negotiations which Braeden took as her not wanting to be paired with him (which she didn't).

Edited by DeeeDee

• Members

So basically he was upset because he couldn't get his way with the stories.....so typical....This is why sometimes he is the one vet that I could care less if he left the show or not....

Would Bill Bell have been against Braeden trying to control the regime with these changes if his health was not a factor then? I know Braeden didn't like how Jack Smith was trying to "take Victor down" but what if Bill Bell had the intention of doing that himself?

• Members

You are not alone. In 2004, Brittany got way too much airtime and inappropriate story. I don't blame EB for balking at Brittany and Bobby moving into the Newman Ranch. It was ridiculous and made absolutely no sense. She belonged in that younger group and should have stayed there. Even more incredulous, in a short period of time, Raul, J.T., and Bobby were all in love with her of all people when she was barely likable on one of her good days as if giving her a scar could magically change her personality. It was part of the problems that escalated by the end of 2004. Y&R started taking shortcuts to tell stories and lost track developing characters. I don't understand why they did not just recast Colleen, Raul, Billy, and Mac to keep that younger set intact and in perspective to the rest of the show.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

They tried, kind of. They recast Billy with Ryan Brown and he flopped, as did Scott Seymour. They seem to have found a keeper with Billy Miller. None of the Mackenzie recasts were well received by fans (though I personally loved Rachel Kimsey). Colleen had two reasonably well received (yet horribly written) recasts before MAB, in her infinite wisdom, decided to kill her off.

• Members

The problems began at the end of 03.

Jack Smith chose Morrow & Case to fill Heather Tom shoes which was a really bad choice (though both were solid actors) which ultimately led to Cassie's death.

He also tried making Brittany into a central heroine which really didn't work (especially once AshBash returned) by dumping a popular pairing (Raul & Brittany) to put her in a rushed love triangle with one of Y&R's most promising new actors (John Enos) who had way more chemistry with several other actresses & an actor who was already half of a very popular pairing (Thad Luckinbill).

Ryan Brown didn't flop (although Scott Seymour was Charity Rhamer bad).

Edited by DeeeDee