Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

IT was great, but I have to say I was a little shocked that it was soo short...and unfortunately i don't have the next episode that continues which probably shows more sad.png

But still, this is probably indeed the one fight that has been sacred from youtube and once I got the episode I had to share right away.

I love when Katherine keeps slapping Jill biggrin.png

• Members

Considine started on AW around May 1974 or something and Donnelly Rhodes said he was with Y&R for about 18 months. He is part of the first cast photo which I assume was taken around the anniversary in Mar 1974, Daytime TV listed JC as a cast member around Jan/Feb 1974 so I assume the swicth took place around then. I too saw the scene with Kay and Phillip (Considine) in her living room. It is on an interview Jeanne did to celebrate one of her anniversaries with the show.

One thing I can't grasp is when Jeanne came on the show. Jeanne always said she started 6 1/2 months after the show began, making that around October and most list her start date as Nov 1973. But Daytime Tv list her as a new Cast Member for Jan 1974 and in Jan 2004 there was an article in a newspaper (which I can't find) that said Jeanne was celebrating 30 Years with the show that month.

The synopsis from Bryna's newsletter I found for Jan 1974 makes it sound like Kay is a new character too introducing her as socially prominent Mrs. Chancellor, and a new customer at the Salon. So confused on that one.

• Members

Thanks for adding this. I remember at the time it seemed a little short, and I wanted more. At that time both ladies were clearly being put into smaller and smaller roles.

I do want to watch this soon. I'm always trying to catch up on something else at the same time.

• Members

I went back and read that part in the book and she just say's Phillip was played by John Considine who was promptly replaced. She said she didn't think to ask why.

In an interview about the book, she said the thing about them running lines and she was told no need to do that he was no longer playing Phillip. I would really like to know why they replaced him. Since it has been 40 years, we will probably never know unless John Considine tells the story himself.