• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

1978 Summary Some of these events are from other years eg Stu and Liz marrying

Newlyweds Lance and Lorie quickly sped through the honeymoon stage of their marriage and found themselves saddled with a major problem. Surprisingly, it wasn't Vanessa and her jealous feelings towards Lorie. Instead, it Lance's wayward brother, Lucas, who had a talent for stirring up trouble and an eye for the ladies. He showed up unannounced on their doorstep one day and immediately began creating havoc.

Meanwhile, Lorie attempted to build a relationship with Vanessa and even suggested that she have facial surgery for her burns. Vanessa, however, wasn't interested in accepting Lorie as her daughter in-law, despite Lorie's interest in correcting her disfigurement. When Vanessa discovered that Lorie's new novel, "In my Sister's Shadow," chronicled her sister Leslie's nervous breakdown, she seized upon the opportunity to undermine Lorie. While Lorie was promoting her book, word leaked out, thanks to Vanessa, that it was actually an autobiographical account of her troubled relationship with her sister, Leslie. Soon after, Leslie, who was on a grueling concert tour, found herself hounded by reporters anxiously seeking tawdry details about her nervous breakdown. Leslie became so upset at being hurled into the frenzied media's harsh spotlight that she nearly suffered a second breakdown. When Lance heard what Lorie had done, he lashed out at her and then flew to meet Leslie and lend her emotional support. Leslie's family was also concerned for her well being. Leslie decided to cancel her tour, but with Lance's support, she slowly regained her confidence and resumed performing.

One evening, after a successful performance, Lance and Leslie returned to her hotel suite, where they ended up making love. The following morning, Leslie felt so guilty about their one night encounter that she encouraged Lance to patch things up with Lorie. Soon after, Leslie discovered their lone night of lovemaking had left her pregnant. Rather than risk destroying Lance and Lorie's marriage, Leslie didn't tell Lance that she was pregnant with his baby. Lucas, who had fallen in love with Leslie, because of her kind nature, sympathized with the position she was in and proposed marriage. Leslie appreciated Lucas's concern for her and gradually developed feelings for him. She accepted his proposal and they married.

Jill gave up her hopes of winning back Derek and orchestrated an elaborate campaign to seduce her mother's boyfriend, Stuart Brooks. Jill didn't care that Stuart was already romantically involved with her mom, Liz, because Jill was primarily driven by a desire to provide her son, Phillip, with financial security. Initially, Stuart resisted Jill's advances. But when Jill stepped up her efforts, Stuart eventually spent a weekend in Vegas with her. Soon after, in a sly attempt to trap Stuart into marrying her, Jill announced that she was pregnant. Stuart agreed to marry Jill, even though he was in love with Liz, who was heartbroken by the news. Shortly after the marriage, Jill accidentally tumbled down a flight of stairs. At the hospital, Stuart questioned Jill's doctor about the impact the accident would have on Jill's pregnancy. Bewildered, the doctor announced that Jill wasn't pregnant. With Jill recuperating in a nearby hospital bed, Stuart suddenly realized that she had conned him into marrying him. When Stuart told Jill that he wanted a divorce, Jill refused.

Derek's ex-wife Suzanne Lynch arrived in Genoa City, determined to win him back. She pretended to befriend Katherine and then supplied her with candy that was laced with a mind-altering drug. When Katherine began acting bizarre, Derek committed her to a sanitarium. Suzanne continued her dastardly scheme by sending a box of the candy to Katherine at the sanitarium. Katherine's roommate ate some of the candy and, in a psychotic state, set fire to their room. Katherine's roommate died in the fire and her body was burned beyond recognition. It dawned on Katherine that she had been set up by Suzanne. Thinking quickly, Katherine devised a scheme to punish Suzanne. Katherine slipped her wedding ring onto the corpse's finger and led everyone to believe that she had died in the fire. Then, Katherine began "haunting" Suzanne. It seemed that everywhere Suzanne turned in the Chancellor mansion, she saw Katherine. Feeling tormented by what she had done to Katherine, Suzanne went temporarily insane and repented her actions. With Suzanne and Katherine both out of the picture, Jill realized that Derek was free to marry her. She hastily divorced Stuart and arranged to marry Derek. Soon after, Jill and Derek had a surprise guest at their wedding--Katherine.

Meanwhile, Stuart and Liz married. Jill found herself without a man or financial support. And Liz, who had supported herself as a housekeeper, found it difficult to adjust to her new life as the wife of a successful newspaper publisher.

Separated from Chris, Snapper fell for Casey, a fellow doctor who worked at the clinic with him. Their relationship was troubled from the start because Casey suffered from a fear of sex. She was also worried about her kid sister, Nikki, who was a promiscuous teenager. When Nikki and Casey's mother were killed in a car crash, their father, Nick, returned to Genoa City. Seeing her father again, Casey suddenly remembered a traumatic incident that had been buried deep in her subconscious. When she was a child, Nick raped her. When Casey, accompanied by her friend Brock, went to confront Nick, he was in the process of trying to rape Nikki. During Nikki's struggle to defend herself, she accidentally killed her father.

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

No that's not mine either....Minus two episodes i posted from 1989, My episodes have been 1990-1994 so far.

I also posted 2 full B&B episodes from 1989 (they followed the Y&R episodes) You saw this because your comments are on there LOL

Edited by yr9190

• Members

1979 Summary

Although Katherine was once again living as Derek's wife, she worried that he would eventually leave her. To keep Derek tied to her, Katherine appointed him head of Chancellor Industries.

Leslie gave birth to a healthy baby boy, which she named Brooks. Leslie's family, meanwhile, was baffled by her strange response to being a mother. Leslie eventually realized that she was suffering from exhaustion. This was brought on by her efforts to keep the truth from Lance about their child, and her strained marriage to Lucas, which she considered a charade. Although Leslie appreciated the support that Lucas gave her, she realized she didn't really love him. Leslie made arrangements to leave town. She left Brooks in Lance and Lorie's care. Shortly before Leslie's departure she had an unsettling confrontation with Lorie, who correctly surmised that Lance was really Brooks' father. Leslie was so traumatized by the confrontation that she suffered another nervous breakdown, which resulted in complete amnesia. Wandering aimlessly through Genoa City, Leslie found herself at Jona's Bar. Jona, the owner, was immediately drawn to Leslie, who identified herself as Priscilla. As Leslie became more comfortable in her new surroundings, details of her former life slowly began to return. Jona promised to help Leslie reclaim her former identity, even if it potentially meant losing her. Meanwhile, Lance and Lorie quickly adapted to their parental role and soon considered Brooks their son.

After losing Leslie, Lucas turned his sights on Casey, who was making great strides in recovering from her troubled childhood. Casey was also trying to emotionally detach herself from Snapper, whose wife, Chris, had returned to Genoa City. Chris was interested in resuming a relationship with Snapper, but she had allowed too much time to pass without any contact between them. When Chris realized that Snapper was involved with Casey, she introduced herself to the new woman in her husband's life. Since Snapper couldn't decide which woman he wanted to see exclusively, Chris and Casey jointly decided to cut off contact with him until he was able to make a decision.

Casey's sister, Nikki, who was not charged with killing her rapist dad, and Nikki became involved with Dr. Scott Adams. Casey was thrilled that her sister was dating a doctor because she hoped it would bring stability to Nikki's life. At first, Scott did have a positive impact on Nikki's life. She enrolled in college and she no longer had a desire to be promiscuous. As time went on, however, Nikki had difficulty committing to a healthier lifestyle and reverted to her former self-destructive behavior. It pained Scott to see Nikki behave that way and he broke off their relationship.

Police officer Carl Williams and his wife, Mary, found themselves trouble by their adolescent son Paul's rebellious attitude. Like Nikki, Paul was also promiscuous. The two quickly engaged in a steamy affair. But with Paul, Nikki got more than she bargained for. He gave her gonorrhea. Soon after, Paul set his sights on April Stevens. That affair left April pregnant.

Katherine Chancellor eventually replaced Derek Thurston as head of Chancellor Industries with Victor Newman. Katherine immediately saw her profits skyrocket. Victor was a ruthless and cunning businessman with a strong competitive streak. But Victor's wife, Julia, viewed him as cold and distant. He stayed late at the office, rarely phoning to say when he'd be home. On the few evenings that he did arrive home at a reasonable hour, Victor barely uttered a word to Julia. Even though she'd been Victor's wife for several years, Julia felt as if she was married to a stranger. Feeling isolated and lonely, Julia turned to Katherine's son Brock for friendship. Julia found Brock's warm nature, which was in stark contrast to Victor's coldness, appealing and it wasn't long before she was interested in more than just a friendship with him.

Casey continued to work with Snapper at the clinic, where Greg was also contributing his legal services. One day when Nikki stopped by the clinic to see Casey, Nikki met Greg. She was instantly attracted to him. They began dating. Eventually, their involvement developed into serious love and they made plans to marry. But Nikki was still deal with the emotional aftermath caused by killing her father, which led her to question her self worth. When Paul learned of Nikki's plans to wed Greg, he tried to stop her. But Nikki insisted that she loved Greg and Paul settled for being good friends with his former lover.

Meanwhile, married life proved too dull for Nikki, who decided to pursue a modeling career as a way of bringing excitement into her life. She soon signed with "La Plus Belle Rose," a modeling agency run by Rose DeVille. It wasn't long before Nikki discovered that Rose's models didn't specialize in walking down runways or posing for fashion shoots. Their main source of income was prostitution. By the time Nikki figured things out, however, she was in too deep to simply walk away. Rose arranged for Nikki to meet with a client in his hotel room. But when the man tried to pressure Nikki into having sex, she ultimately resisted. The man chased Nikki around the hotel room and suddenly collapsed from a heart attack. In a panic, Nikki called Rose, who arranged for two thugs to carry the client's body to a nearby alley and ditch it. A street kid named Tony stumbled upon the body and went through the corpse's pockets in search of a wallet. The police spotted Tony and booked him for murder. Ironically, Greg was appointed Tony's public defender.

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

I guess because besides that one episode from 1989, all the early 90's episodes i posted feature mainly Jill vs Leanna, so i haven't seen a lot of Nikki vs Jill, but I'm sure they were always great.

Hey deeedee, since Katherine is all up in Jack's face about him taking Newman, Did she ever have a similar scene with Victor about him taking Jabot, back in 1989 when it first happen?

I bet the answer is gonna be no, since Katherine seem to barely interact with Victor and Nikki and was so heavenly involved with Rex,Nina, Jill and the around the corner Marge stuff.

• Members

The Rex & Leanna relationship was a hoot. Leanna was a great campy character. I still remember when she tried to kill Ashley for marrying Dr. Lassiter (Played by Rod Arrants). I never understood why they killed him off the doctor either. Eileen Davidson said she loved working with Rod and wish they hadn't killed him off. After his death Eileen left the show and Brenda Epperson replaced her.

I agree about the early Nikki footage. It seems like 1973-1982 material from the show is hard to find. There are tons of stuff from other soaps like GH, OLTL on you tube from that time period, but not Y&R. I saw the 3 1975 episodes and some short scenes and clips, but no other full length episodes at all. I wish some complete Nikki & Greg episodes and Victor & Julia episodes would surface.

• Members

Here's something you guys will find interesting

http://www.feuxdelamour.com/v4/index.php?title=La_musique_de_fond

A Y&R fan and one of my youtube friends from France put it together, it is a list of all the Y&R background music and cues from over the years. It tells you when the show started using a specific score or cue. Very neat, but unfortunately I'm not exactly sure which scores are what, unless you have the 1974 soundtrack, or the 25th anniversary soundtrack which has most of the scores they used from the mid 90's (which are used mostly on my 1994 episodes)

Please all you Y&R background music experts, post links if you recognize what tittle is what cue.

• Members

The old background music was awesome. I wish Y&R did pretty much wipe it from the show. It really set the tone for the show. I also loved the old line drawing sketch openings.

With Y&R's 40th anniversary coming up, they should have had the white background brought back with the Y&R logo being drawn and as the sketches start coming across the screen, they would turn into a real live shots of the actors and then at the end the live shots would freeze and turn back into a group photo line drawings with the title and logo at the end.

• Members

You know that's kind of how i thought they would update, the opening. You should send that idea to JFP! LOL

I don't hate the updated opening but i'm kind of hoping already they do another update by the end of the year, knowing JFP i wouldn't be surprise if that happens.