edgeofnik

As The World Turns Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, BetterForgotten said:

Generally, it was hilarious when the P&G soaps cast child actors who couldn't hide their obvious New Yawk accents, when these shows were obviously based in the mid-west. 

Ben Jorgensen?  LOL

3 hours ago, BetterForgotten said:

Generally, it was hilarious when the P&G soaps cast child actors who couldn't hide their obvious New Yawk accents, when these shows were obviously based in the mid-west. 

Some had a Long Island accent which is very distinct from the city.  As a little girl, I had such a crush on Brian Bloom that I didn't care, I was willing to overlook it.

5 hours ago, BetterForgotten said:

Kristen and Eddie Alderson had such thick accents as children.

47 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

Yummmm...what a hunk! Can't wait!

That's one soap hunk I agree with..loved his Mike, who was sexy and handsome and acted like he didn't know it.  Boy, Alan is short as MC is short too.

It says a lot that Mark Collier remained appealing as Mike Kasnoff even through some incredibly dumb writing.

31 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

Mark Collier>Paul Leyden

There were many handsome guys on ATWT, but I always thought no one held a candle to Mark. Must be the dimples.

I have no clue what he looks like now -- looking forward to seeing him. I lost track of him after he left the show. 

I thought Paul Leyden was very handsome and charismatic as well.

Until dumbass Brad I think Katie was constantly paired with love interests who were better than she was.

I hear Mark was in the first few episodes of Netflix's Never Have I Ever, which just released last week.

He was one of the unsung heroes of ATWT's last decade. He was good at romance with Jen Ferrin and TC, but I forget how funny he was any time he had to play "straight man" to Henry (I know, the jokes write themselves). And nothing made me appreciate MC and his portrayal of Mike Kasnoff more than when that atrocious, sweaty cousin of his with the gross hair showed up and was pining over Carly.