As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

It is comforting and for some of these episodes, it's like, brand new.  I've seen the Steve and Betsy wedding but I don't think I'd seen the morning after. They already have Steve having premonitions of what is to come. 

I was thinking how nice it was to see a passionate evening with Tom and Margo having "sexy time" then oops, there's a snag.  

The fashions are VERY interesting, per the 80s.  That half-shirt that Tom was wearing?!!  Boy, I'd forgotten that people used to wear those, LOL!  There was a character (Steve's sister?) who was wearing a very avant-garde design.  The draping was similar to that of a sari and the contrast in the sleeves, which were asymmetrical. ATWT had to have gotten access to what was considered cutting edge fashion because that resembled the impractical outfits that you'd usually only see on a runway but the character definitely looked like she would not be out of place walking the runway anyway. 

Was the show trying to chem-test Barbara and Cal Randolph?  They might've been onto something there.  Speaking of chemistry, I couldn't decide what I thought about John and Lee Bryant's Lyla. It was near-miss, almost for me.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm wondering if Liz Hubbard not liking how Marland wrote Lucinda was due to the fact that his preference was the Snyder's were good...hence why Lily kept going on and on about the Synder's being good.while Lucinda could do no right.

I haven't seen a lot of pre Marland episodes with Lucinda...but I saw a closer Lucinda/lily relationship.

• Members

Back in SPW's mammoth "best of soaps" issue from '97, they mentioned a scene at the conclusion of the Henry Lange story which showed Henry about to abuse Angel, then flashed back from within that to Henry's mother about to abuse him.

Is that episode on Youtube now, with all the recent 1991 uploads?