As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

Does Martha really have anything to lose by being candid, tho?

Alan should’ve asked Liz about her working relationships with Heather and Noelle. It would’ve been a valid question. Like, how did the onscreen mother/daughter vibe change?

I wouldn’t have minded seeing Martha sit there and squirm, especially if Liz has positive things to say about them. 

Did anyone else catch Liz say that an actress from YOUNG DOCTOR MALONE was almost cast as Lucinda?  Who could that have been?  Ann Williams, who was also on THE DOCTORS, SFT, EON, and well-known to P&G?

Liz mentioned Jesse Lee Soffer in connection with the gay story. Was Will even peripherally involved with Luke’s story?  Did she mean to say Van Hansis?  I know Luke and Jade were close, and Jade seduced Will, but the comment just seemed odd. 

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't know why, but Jennifer Ferrin is the first guest on these (the ATWT ones at least) that actually surprises me. I always felt like she'd left her soap days behind her. I always loved her Jennifer, though, so it's a pleasant surprise for sure.

I'm a huge Will & Gwen fan, so I'm glad to see Jen L. in there as well, I just wish JLS would show up as a surprise guest.

• Members

They way I understood it, she meant Jake Silbermann. Either that or Karl Girolamo. She said that the actor playing her grandson (THAT would be Van) told this other actor something along the lines of "it's okay, it's just how she approaches the scene" when he saw the other actor's confusion. Luke and Will never had many scenes together, and the repeated mention of the gay storyline would point to Jake or Karl.

• Members

I'd only realized the origin of the conversation after I posted my remarks based on what others were discussing. I ignore that account.

If Locher can manage to get Tamara Tunie on, I think he could possibly get Scott as the two are good friends.  Hillary Bailey Smith also. 

• Members

I'm wondering if julianne Moore would be willing to do one?  She came back for an episode near the end..so I could see her being up for this..and since she's still friends with Marisa Tomei..bring her along

Please register in order to view this content

Jennifer Ferrin...I liked her

• Members

Friends and distant cousins, lol.

Someone posted a podcast about a year ago where she and Alec Baldwin both talked about their soap days. It was a fun listen.

I think she's still in touch with John Wesley Shipp also, at least they seem to communicate on social media.  I've said this before...Locher should ask, the worst they can say is no.

• Members

YES! Get JWS and Julianne Moore for one! Would be amazing for them to recount their days doing the Doug Cummings storyline. And if they can get Don Hastings and Kathryn Hays for that as well, that would be incredible.

• Members

I don't think I've seen it mentioned yet, but I liked how Christopher Tavani (a young Luke Snyder, 2001-2005) was in the chatbox for the Martha/Liz livestream. Alan even called out one of his responses, but I believe I saw his name pop up a few times.

• Members

There is a thread on here that has a full listing of every ATWT episode and which account has them. I’ve been using them to watch the entire show from 1979. Am now in 1992. There is A LOT of consecutive material throughout the 80s and Soap Opera Digest recaps on Tumblr to fill in the gaps. 

• Members

Damn! But it’s nice to see Hunt Block get some love on this board finally. When I used to visit this site regularly a few years ago, it seemed as if every one just piled on him for being terrible when he was a fantastic actor who did a fantastic job in the role. He was definitely a fan favorite for many people; as much as he was hated by other fans. 

He was my first Craig and, now that I’ve seen Scott Bryce, I love his portrayal as well. Hunt’s was just different and many years later - anything could’ve happen to Craig in the missing years to cause him to change. 

Now that I’ve finally seen enough of Heather Rattay’s Lily, I can say that I like her as an actress but not for Lily. The writers completely changed the character - and whereas Craig had been off-screen for years, Lily had only been gone 6 months. Lily also seemed to be SORAS’d with HR. MB was still in her early years of college when she left and 6 months later suddenly Lily is 25 and a business woman!

Watching ‘91 and ‘92 has been an odd experience - such a changeover in the cast. A ton of new characters were introduced (Conner, Marcy, Trish, Tess, Evan, Gavin, Larry, The Crawfords, Arthur whatever his last name is, Linc, Hutch, their dad...) It’s like an entirely new show. It took me a month or so to figure out who everyone was and their relationships to each other. (This was hampered due to the back half of ‘91 being mostly missing.) Now that I have them all straight, I’m back to enjoying the show. I’ve only got another month or so left though before heading into another mostly-missing-episodes period. Still, I wouldn’t stop watching for anything. So grateful to have so much new ATWT to watch! And knowing that I’m heading into the Scheffer period to re-watch makes me more and more excited to get through the 90s.

So looking forward to the introductions of Jack and Carly, Roseanne and Mike, Ben, Katie, Molly.