Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

You know... I was thinking this at first, but I think I'd prefer it be just Don & Kathy, and have Eileen do one later. Much as I respect Eileen Fulton, she does have a habit of enjoying being in the spotlight. If the three of them were on together, I'm afraid we wouldn't have much of a chance to hear from Kathryn.

I, like many of you, am delighted to hear Don & Kathy will be on. I loved Don in the first one, and I just love Kathryn as well.

• Members

Thank you.."You are your STUPID alcohol!" Of course, with You Tube, I feel down the rabbit hole of ATWT and the Bob/Susan affair..and the great scene of Bob telling Lisa to "be quite!"!! No soap after that would have that many people involved in that affair and the marriage break up!

• Members

Interesting read.

Seems like he had a lot of unresolved issues and not a lot of self esteem or respect.

Must be hard for people around those types to watch thenm self destruct

Have any ATWT actors ever talked about him. Did he have any contact with the actors?

Seems odd that P&G and CBS would hand over the show to him when they are usually reluctant to go with unknowns.

Goutman must have been a fan.

• Members

Talk aobut self esteem or respect, the soap industry has none, they are always looking at what prime time and film are doing (and of course picking the wrong things and not doing them right) and TPTB are the worst. They were stunned by his Hollywood connections and that he didn't know anything about soaps and seemed to think they were a joke, just like them! And I am saying this as a fan of his first year.

I do hate when news story think a 50 year old show must suck...and forget about the firsts that came before. And, as a fan of his first year, what new ground did he tread? I don't remember anything. 

At the very least he hated the island and the mob of GL and wouldnt write for the show because of that!

• Members

Oh God..that freaking island and that old man who chewed the scenery stuck on the island..all because he liked the actor! And the soap press ate it up like it was sooo cutting edge! Tho I will take Sheffer's island over the fairy princes of San Crud and Cruella DeSantos!