Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So Rita was off ATWT late 69? Maybe she was recurring at that time so free to audition for AMC? Did she mention in the book anything about the first time she was dropped and the circumstances of her return?

I thought when Irna came back in Jan 72 she brought Carol back and had Tom wed Carol by June of that year.

• Members

She went to work for the UN in 1993. And then the show forgot she ever existed. 

Liz Hubbard was the only one who bothered to keep a history going for Lucinda. I remember when she said she had a line like, "I have two daughters," and she ad-libbed "three" because of Bianca. 

They could have brought Bianca back and told all kinds of stories with her in later years, but I guess it's a good thing they didn't, as she would have just slept with Craig. 

• Members

For some reason in 1997 when Lucinda encountered the newly resurrected James he brought up Bianca just to taunt her and I believe that was the last time I recall she was ever mentioned. You're right though, bringing back Bianca in the '00s would have meant banging Craig, Dusty, and Holden before being killed off by Katie or Lily in self-defense.  

• Members

Oh OK. Thanks for the reminder. 

Please register in order to view this content

It sucks that all that occurred with Lucinda/Lily post '93 that they didn't even think to recast or ask the original actress back. Especially, when Luke and Holden were thought to be dead, and Lucinda was diagnosed with breast cancer. 

But you're right. It was better she wasn't brought back b/c the show would've totally disregarded her history and made the character totally something different. 

However, that's what I don't get with soaps. You have these already established legacy characters sitting in the archives, who a practically blank canvases, but they opt to create all these pointless characters with no ties and they rarely stick. Maybe that's just by thought process. 

That aside, how would you have felt had they brought back Courtney? 

Don't forget Paul. Didn't she once upon a time dated him? Would've been more possible she'd've  propped Paul/Meg and been killed off by Meg. 

Edited by Nothin'ButAttitude

• Members

ATWT alums Margaret Colin and Tom Wiggin were interviewed in this local TV morning show video (6-minute long) when both appeared in an early 2016 production of "City of Conversation" in Washington, DC.  Towards the end she spoke very graciously about playing Margo, the show's demise, and Hilary B. Smith.  Sorry, I don't think the station uploaded this on YouTube, so here's the link:

http://www.fox5dc.com/good-day/74965437-video

• Members

^Margaret Colin is great. So glad she's had such a lovely, lucrative career as a character actress and the long marriage to Justin Deas. (What is he up to anyway?) She was excellent in Arcadia with Billy Crudup on Broadway.

Sad that Tom Wiggin wasn't able to chime in on his time on ATWT as Kirk, but I understand that MC is the bigger draw and therefore the focus.

• Members

Yes, around '89 when Bianca was living/working at Tonio's after recently being brought from Montega, she and Paul did briefly date.

This was around the time Paul would have a fling with Emily (who threw him over for Brock), that his friendship blossomed to a sweet little romance with Bianca.

Ironically, Karina Arroyave has remained in touch with Melanie Smith who played 80s Emily.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

According to the book, Rita noticed that her appearances on the show during her first stint were growing fewer and farther between. Apparently, the writers at the time didn't know what to do with Carol. She stopped watching the show after being let go, because it was too painful. However, Rita's mom continued to watch and noticed that Carol's name was being mentioned a lot. This was after Irna Phillips had returned to ATWT. Rita then got a call from the show, stating that they were indeed bringing Carol back and wanted her to reprise the role. She did and stayed for nearly a decade. Then she retired from show biz to raise a family and help her minister husband in his church work. Today, Rita and Norm are still married after over 40 years, have three grown kids and several grandchildren. They live in New Jersey, where Norm is the senior pastor of a Baptist Church.

• Members

^Agree - I think Wiggin knew that as well, but Colin had no attitudes at all and let him remininsce about Alexandria.  I think that the interviewer was obviously a soap viewer herself made the interview very enjoyable overall.  As for Wiggin's view on ATWT, the only one I could think of is that radio transcript that he did back in the 90s when he was still on the show:  http://www.peteranthonyholder.com/Archives/2016/cjad20.htm