As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

Yes, that is Nina Hart as Meridith. Also Fran Carlon as Julia (although the photograph does not look all that much like her). Carol Demming and Professor Demming had been introduced by Irna Phillips. The father (played by Ed Bryce) did not remain on the show for all that long. After Ms. Phillips left the show, Carol was written off to build the relationship of Tom and Barbara. When Irna Phillips returned to the show, the first thing that she did was to (very suddenly) return Rita McLaughlin as Carol. There was a party where Tom was, and he and Carol saw each other. They spoke, and she timidly remarked that she had not seen him in quite a while. (Of course, Miss Phillips also killed off both Paul and Elizabeth, and she wrote Betsy, Emily, Susan, Dan, Walter, Bruce, Simon, Ellie, and Merideth off the show.) This photograph must have been taken during one of the times that the show wrote off Ellen Stewart. She was said to have been at home, but she was not shown. This happened to actress Patricia Bruder several times. As for Tom's "hippie phase

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

GUYS!!!

I just found out that Chris Goutman is teaching at one of my former alma maters and I think I'm going to be sick, LOL.

Please register in order to view this content

At least it's not in my former department, it's technically in a lower school but still...!

I don't know what to do with this information.  I do know that they're not getting a red cent of alumni dollars from me (they aren't currently but still, I have some funds coming in from some work I'm currently doing...lol).

Very discomfiting! 

• Members

I went back and looked and all I see is his bio and his title "Assistant Professor".

Interestingly enough someone else who has the Assistant Professor title has her bio, title and Course listings, which he doesn't have.

Please register in order to view this content

I'm wondering whether he's even actively teaching or not. It's possible that they forget to take his name off the Faculty listings.

I'm more interested in the fact that Vondie Curtis Hall is going to be teaching there soon.