Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Oh my Lord- thank you for posting that!!  It's so frustrating trying to piece together what happens in-between the available episodes on YouTube. Although I have the 40th anniversary book with a detailed synopses, there's no particular order to each year in it. Weekly synopses from SOD will be a GIANT help in me keeping track as I go through the show!!!

• Members

I checked various soap-history books and they do list her debut year on ATWT as 1970. Maybe she auditioned for both soaps around the same time, got hired quickly by ATWT, and then only heard back from AMC again after she had already been cast as Carol? I guess it's impossible to verify if no dates are mentioned in her book.

• Members

Yes, I looked online and most sources have Rita starting May 1970, but as we have found with The Doctors reruns, dates can be off.

I believe Irna left in early 1970 as she was working on A World Apart. She was listed as headwriter on a Jan 30 script posted online.

Pretty sure Carol was her creation as it seems odd she would bring her back in 72 if she hadnt created the character.

So most likely Rita/Carol began mid 1969. That would fit in with her auditioning for AMC Nov/Dec of that year.

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

Interesting perspective from TW. I think I remember about him writing. Ironic he at one point is talking about Diego /Umberto, and the murder is later (badly) pinned on him. 

Kinda weird that he's also talking about the Snyders being pushed out in part because they were so closely identified with Marland.