Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Wow, thanks for posting those classic episodes, @victoria foxton!

Looking at those emergency scenes at the symphony, it's funny to think that ATWT's action camera-work was actually better in 1979 than it was in in 2004 or whenever it was that they decided to try that bad version of Blair Witch tracking shots.

Bennett struck me as so volatile that he could flip his lid at any moment. Lisa seems somewhat afraid of him, I'm surprised her engagement lasted as long as it did.  When you're trying to stall your ex-husband from accelerating the divorce, it's time to re-examine your current romantic relationship.

Those 1980s scenes between Barbara and James were fascinating, they clearly had chemistry. 

I wonder what made the writers decide to go from the dark, mysterious but romantic Rochester-like (Jane Eyre reference) character to the clear villain he would become less than two years later?

Also, I wonder why they decided to make James Swedish as opposed to Maltese or of Austro-Hungarian stock from the Balkans, etc? Just curious.

Those very early 80s fashions!

Please register in order to view this content

Brad Hollister looks like he escaped from Studio 54, not to mention the creepy vibe he gives off. I tried to give the character the benefit of the doubt and not judge but he just came off as skeevy.  Oof!

Ellen Stewart would say the Don't Call it a Comeback,  the "P*U*SS*Y Bow" has been around for years!

Colleen Zenk is so chic and glamorous that she's probably the only one (other than Laura Ingalls Wilder) who could pull off that dress with the Peter Pan collar (the one she is wearing in the flashbacks).

The dialogue is a bit labored in the February 1980 episode and some characters pull it off better than others.  For those who are able to pull it off, the awkward pauses and quasi-stutters give it an even more naturalistic flow (like the way people talk) than more fluid dialogue.  The problem is that not a lot of the actors were able to pull it off.

Edited by DramatistDreamer
Geez, it is another word for a cat, and we can't type it on this board? RME

• Members

OMG - What is Frankie Frame doing on ATWT??? Hee Hee. Alice Barrett appeared in the 1/4/88 episode as Casey's cousin, Claudia! It's amusing me see all of these AW and ATWT actors just flit from show to show. Back in the day, P&G really liked to keep actors in house, didn't they?

• Members

It would have to be summer or autumn of 1981, with the "For more than a quarter-century..." caption. It's odd, because everything I've read has said that Barbara Rucker left the show in 1979.

I will always adore that original title card in Lydian font. It paired perfectly with the starry sky background.

Edited by All My Shadows

• Members

I'd place it around 1979. According to a character bio online, Jay served time in prison in 1979. Barbara Rucker left around that time. The folks that sold some ATWT and GL videos a few years ago posted videos of ATWT from the latter part of 1979 when Marland was writing and Barbara was off the canvas. And she was onto Another World/Texas by mid-1980. The bit about the show being on for more than a quarter century may simply be an error. After all, the ad includes another error: the spelling of Grant and Lisa Coleman. The surname was actually spelled Colman (no E).