As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

In the interview she said that she gave Marland a courtesy call before even auditioning with OLTL (because they were the direct competition) and he gave her the go ahead saying that they were very happy with Ellen Dolan. Then the day before her first day as Nora (and after dying her hair red) he called her back and asked her to return as Dolan was leaving. She considered it but turned ATWT down because she'd already committed to One Life.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Watching what appears to be Lisa Brown’s debut episode from ‘85 has been a real gift. I’m reminded me of what I discovered when I first did a binge of several months’ worth of episodes from late 85-early 86 a few years back - like Gottlieb and Malone at OLTL in ‘91, Marland moved very fast. Emma came on when, in September of ‘85? Holden in October, Iva in early November. Meg in December or January to play spoiler for Dusty. And by February sweeps they were all about the Snyders, that farm family and Holden ushering in Lily’s sexual awakening in a storm. (Gottlieb and Malone moved even faster at OLTL - Cain Rogan was partly inherited and reinvented from the previous team, but they had Luna in September, Andrew Carpenter in maybe October, Blair as well, then by end of November or December Blair has already made a play for married Cord who then “dies,” and Andrew and Megan’s new relationship- while she is the happily married partner of an absent supercouple who married that same year - is already a major going concern.)

What it indicates to me is ultimately, no one knows anything. Marland’s rules are ultimately just guidelines if the writing is there. He certainly did not wait six months to see if the Snyders would work.

I remember his original bible floating around online, with a particularly brutal outlined story for Barbara and little Paul. How much of that bible actually came to fruition, and is it still around?

• Members

It's just odd seeing HBS with Deas. I'm sure it's the fuzzy quality of the tape, but I have a hard time distinguishing her from Colin. I'm sure some of that was deliberate. It's also odd hearing Margo call the man who raised her "Bart"---but such is fatherhood on soaps.

Eh---I won't die on this hill, but Dolan was a better Margo. 

• Members

HAHAHA..

Actually Marland would have Emma come in and wonder at all the "frocks" for sale and say all she needs are her overalls and her "Sunday Church Frock" and Lisa would be in awe of her down home honesty and values. Even though she does not know her, she would say "Come back dear, when it's Lily's Birthday Celebration Sale..now we are closed on the actual high holiday but the week before..."

Edited by Mitch