Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

The bullying of Joyce by Brandi and later Yolanda was disgusting. I still can’t believe she was the one fired while the blonde idiots got to stay. Anyone else remember when Yolanda talked down to a Hispanic worker for not speaking perfect English? I was appalled. Of course, she got three more seasons out of it.

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

And Andy Cohen as well because he bullied her during the reunion and he kept complaining she talked too much. No one cared then about it. Andy sure as hell cared when Yolanda made what he thought were anti-gay remarks. He called her out immediately.

• Members

They did air Auckland and I still don’t understand how Melbourne’s 2nd and 3rd season aired in primetime with NO promotion, averaged around 500,000 viewers and yet they didn’t air the 4th season. M

I was shocked they didn’t air Sydney right away considering they’d aired Melbourne and Toronto seems like it would’ve been easy to air. I never have seen that one though. 

• Members

ALL OF THIS.

Well, given that KKK comment (flawless shade though) that one girl did I can see why they didn't do Sydney.

BUT...they should. THIS TIME...with the PROPER advertising. Bravo could make a killing in ratings I feel if they would just commit.

That said...they just aired the Joyce v Brandi episode of VPR today. How well timed....

• Members

All 4 seasons of Melbourne are flawless and for my money the most enjoyable RH franchise in the world.

Vancouver is a perfect 2 season capsule franchise that would grip Bravo viewers from coast to coast. 

Toronto is a 1 season wonder.

And when in doubt, Cheshire has at least 10 season by now that could fill the void. 

• Members

I agree with this.

I still haven't seen all of Melbourne, but it is so easy to pick up or even start anywhere and get a great groove.

Same on Vancouver. Season 1 is still one of the best franchise seasons IMHO and missed Christina being around. 

I still haven't seen Toronto.

More reason to show it.

I haven't seen Cheshire, but I have loved a lot of the comments I saw here for the first three seasons. You guys really, really loved it. I was...new.  

ETA: And correct me if I was wrong, but isn't a lot of gifs and things that Housewives was done originally by Gina of MELBOURNE anyway?  

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

This is coming from Arena which handles the Bravo shows in Australia. If this pans out, we won’t get another episode until July 8th! Explains why they showed the mid season trailer when their final episode aired, but this is very strange to randomly take a month off. Could editing really be that slow due to Covid-19 ? Are they trying to stretch it? Are they re-editing? It’s odd. Most likely this is a stretch tactic since Salt Lake likely won’t have a long season, but what a way to kill any momentum the show has going. 

• Members

Andy Cohen mentioned on his radio show that RHONY and RHOBH are subject to delays due to editors who had been unable to complete episodes prior to the shelter in place orders.  RHOBH specifically had only finished shooting 3-4 weeks before the lockdown orders were in place.

Understandably, the editorial process is difficult to achieve while working from home.  Just think about the brilliance of the story editors on both show who are able to interweave flashbacks, music, and hours of footage to create a story.  That requires people to log every minute of footage and maintain a database of multiple seasons of filming.  These shows film for eight hours a day, five days a week, for months in order to get a cohesive plotline that lasts for 20-22 episodes.  Which means someone has to sift through at least 40 hours of footage to achieve a 40 minute weekly episode, or one hour of filming for every one minute of an episode.

I was compelled to mention this because I read a comment on Facebook suggesting that the shows were re-tooling to edit out insensitive material; much like RuPaul's Drag Race had done with season 12.  However, the obvious difference is that Drag Race was filmed and edited a year ago, so it was achievable to be able to go back and cut out a character and substitute other talking interviews.  RHONY and RHOBH stopped filming in  January and February respectively, so it would be impossible to back and try  to change plotlines.  The Bravo shows are simply trying to keep up with current production demands and any conspiracy theories about their motives seem ill-informed.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Yeah, I don't think it is a conspiracy either. For one thing, Bravo cannot keep a secret to save its life. The network leaks like crazy. So if it was for a secret reason, we would soon know about it. It must be simply stretching content during these Covid times. And you of course highlight the technical aspect of not being able to go to a place of work to sift through content and piece it all together (though some great film editors in Hollywood's golden era did have editing booths built at home!). I credit Bravo's editors as unsung heroes. They have an eye for the tiniest detail and clearly a great sense of humor. The gentleman who recently passed who edited RHONY was especially talented. 

Four weeks is a long hiatus, but I guess I can catch up on other shows in the interim. Guys, what are we going to talk about on this thread though? 

Like, I check this thread every day!