Jump to content
Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

Bravo's The Real Housewives of....


Cheap21

Recommended Posts

  • Members

Ok, watched the latest NYC episode. Everyone except maybe Luann was obnoxious. Leah is indeed exhausting, but Elyse, while insightful in a lot of ways, comes across very stuffy and self-righteous. I’d love to know more about Dorinda’s comment that Elyse isn’t in the position to judge.
 

I’m glad that Luann put Ramona in her place. Again, Luann is perennially the MVP on trips, even when she’s not the center of attention.

Edited by Faulkner
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 34.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Cat

    2901

  • Cheap21

    4237

  • NothinButAttitude

    3521

  • Taoboi

    2553

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Members

I haven't watched this season of NY partly due to Bethanny being gone. I feel that Bethanny brought a balance to the show that balanced the craziness of the other women. I'm not saying that Bethanny is some beacon of stability but her crazy was different from the likes of Ramona, Sonja, Tinsley and Luann. The women that usually provided more of a balance in seasons past are gone now and I think it's just too much with the current cast. I honestly didn't even watch because I assumed it would just be too much, but I may be wrong.

 

RHOBH: I don't understand why it's so hard for these women to understand that Denise didn't want these grown ass women to talk about sex while her children  and other people's children were present. Then the whole not having kids at an adult party. Honey, you should up at Denise's house as soon as you saw kids there and they had a table, it's not an adult party. Yes, she may have mentioned her husband's penis but she whispered it and she told the women to lower their voices but of course they were extra. Also, the hypocrisy is too much. Kyle didn't want it mentioned that Mauricio smoked pot a few seasons ago because of her kids and Rinna sure loves to stir the pot so the attention isn't on her and her husband. She sure flipped out when Kim tried to say something about her husband, but wants to ask Denise whether her kids know about Charlie's hookers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

NY

 

I came out of that episode with over several things...

 

...clearly I seem to only want to watch it in repeat mode. *shrugs* I feel like so much go on and I miss things.

 

...I agree. I believe that is the first time Elyse started to show a personality.

 

...Leah shouldn't drink if she gets like that. No wonder her mother is worried. I would be, too.

 

...I am enjoying the scenery. It's different IMO and I don't mind it at all. God, I miss travelling. 

 

...it's nice to see that other people are feeling fatigued. So it's not just me. lol. Thankfully it seems like the rest story (Dorinda, Tinsley's leaving) appears to be about to begin.

Edited by Taoboi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Eating some of my words to @Chris Blast week! It seems my timing in defending RHONY was perhaps off. I still love and stan for the show, but the Groundhog Day aspect has been well and truly reinforced. Part of the issue is Leah who I enjoy but who has been watching RHONY closely. She sees that getting sloppy drunk gets you places. And she is appealing to the weird maternal sides that both Ramona and Dorinda have for her. Unfortunately it is not progressing the show at the moment. 

 

Like @Taoboi there was a lot for me to appreciate though. Finally we seem to be turning a corner with Dorinds vs Tinsley. And I cannot get enough of Luann who is a voice of reason right now. I just love her energy.

 

Oh, and Elyse is finally emerging from her shell.

 

The hard drinking aspect must be confronted at some point, because the audience is now looking for resolution in these women's lives beyond the self-medicating with alcohol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
16 hours ago, Cat said:

Eating some of my words to @Chris Blast week! It seems my timing in defending RHONY was perhaps off. I still love and stan for the show, but the Groundhog Day aspect has been well and truly reinforced. Part of the issue is Leah who I enjoy but who has been watching RHONY closely. She sees that getting sloppy drunk gets you places. And she is appealing to the weird maternal sides that both Ramona and Dorinda have for her. Unfortunately it is not progressing the show at the moment. 

 

Like @Taoboi there was a lot for me to appreciate though. Finally we seem to be turning a corner with Dorinds vs Tinsley. And I cannot get enough of Luann who is a voice of reason right now. I just love her energy.

 

Oh, and Elyse is finally emerging from her shell.

 

The hard drinking aspect must be confronted at some point, because the audience is now looking for resolution in these women's lives beyond the self-medicating with alcohol.

@Cat Same. Since before a viewer of RHoNY, I have loved LuAnn post-marriage. Through the good times and bad, she feels very true to herself and her energy and ability to bounce back as been awesome and contagious to me. 

 

Who knew? re: Elyse.

 

I am definitely looking forward to a rewatch some time this week. Hope so, Work has started up again at my primary job so it is looking dicey. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
34 minutes ago, Taoboi said:

@Cat Same. Since before a viewer of RHoNY, I have loved LuAnn post-marriage. Through the good times and bad, she feels very true to herself and her energy and ability to bounce back as been awesome and contagious to me. 

 

Who knew? re: Elyse.

 

I am definitely looking forward to a rewatch some time this week. Hope so, Work has started up again at my primary job so it is looking dicey. 

 

I re-watched and appreciated a few new things.

 

-The way Ramona and Dorinda care for Leah. Leah acts out in order to get attention from these women. A part of her wants to be mothered and fussed over by them. It is such an unexpected dynamic to see, and even Elyse when confronting Leah was back-hugging her in a sort of sisterly way.

 

-I am liking that Dorinda and Leah have this connection and understand each other. Dorinda was a lot better this week, something appears to have shifted.

 

-Luann has taken very tumbles (in the Mexican bushes, and metaphorically. Hello, pirate! Hello, Palm Beach PD). All that backlash might have emotionally destroyed other people. But Luann keeps it moving. Even at her lowest, she searches for joy. Her yoga stretches that Newport morning are her way of affirming life. She can be strong and inspirational!

 

-LOL, the way Lu told off Ramona and then went over to Dorinda, like, 'Can you believe this chick?' and Dorinda high-fived her... 

Please register in order to view this content
 I was laughing so hard. 

Edited by Cat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

God I hate these women.

 

 

 

Denise and Garcelle better drag these tricks come reunion time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 hour ago, NothinButAttitude said:

God I hate these women.

 

 

 

Denise and Garcelle better drag these tricks come reunion time. 

I got the bottom one for you already, boo.  

 

And the other one...Teddi better not say a thing...

 

ETA...HOLD UP!!! HOLD UP!!! HOLD UP!!! That's not the way you roll?

 

Okay, Kyle is right, their way is to gang up on someone, harping again and again on something rather than have a discussion and then move on from it. So Aaron is right.

 

And Teddi...Teddi...Teddi...

 

 

Uh...if that is your house then yes, that would be hypocritical. If not, still you could tell Lipsa (is that Lipsa's house). You and your other half of Brain...I mean Kyle...are just stirring that pot. And Denise sees right through both of you. 

 

Erika...you have no horse in this race so...

 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Taoboi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Twitter dragging Erika for sitting there silent while filming and only coming up with nasty comebacks 5 months later in her confessionals. 

 

Aaron-speak translation: "It's just makeup. Let it go, let's move on." Even I got that.

 

Denise not bringing her kids was boss and would definitely rile up the very women who use their children to win mommy points with the audience. 

 

Teddi thought she was being so tough mumbling under her breath like that? LMAO. Get her, Denise!

Edited by Cat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

BH

 

I never bought the HWs were bffs last season, I just thought they had a common goal to get rid of LVP (more power to em) and then they'd turn on each other!

 

I'm confused, why does Denise NOW care bout what her Kids see and hear from the show, basically last season all she did was talk bout her mans penis?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy