Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

When I saw that Tinsley update card, I thought it was the finale and I was about to say WTF to an 11 episode season. So she really is gone?

I had just finally opened up to her Dorinda is such an unlikeable bitch. She used to be one of my faves but she is mean and even when she isnt drunk

• Members

I was devastated by yesterday's RHONY episode. What am I going to do without Dale?! She loves the camera and the camera loves her! I loved the way Sonja greeted her at Tinsley's.

Honestly, the episode did not feel like goodbye but a 'see you later.' After watching, I am convinced that Bravo is planning a Real Housewives of Chicago with Tinsley as the 'in.' Naturally, the pandemic has likely messed up scheduling of interviews of potential Chicago HWs, but nevertheless I think it's coming.

Seeing Tinsley pack up was bittersweet. I had high hopes for her, but despite a fascinating backstory, I never quite warmed to her. Like the pieces were not quite the sum of their parts. She talked about moving some of her things to her places in Palm Beach and Newport. I wish we had got a chance to see more of her real life other than being holed up in a midtown hotel. The show put a nice chapter closure on her RHONY life though.

Edited by Cat

• Members

@Cat Chicago is often listed as a city they’re looking at. I know when Salt Lake City was chosen that was one of many on the list. I wouldn’t be surprised if this is further along than we think in terms of casting. But I will say I grew to love Tinsley over the years and will miss her. I also loved her exit. I miss when HWs would organically leave mid season and also when we’d get new wives mid season. It felt more real. In retrospect they should’ve done the same for LVP last year. 

On the international front, I found a link to season one of Real Housewives of Johannesburg and the clips did NOT do this show justice. It is FASCINATING! I know only 2 wives continue to season 2 (which I’ve heard is even better) and I cannot fathom that because the cast is *so* good. The only odd one out is Lendy who is listed as a housewife, but has only appeared in like 3 of the 9 episodes I’ve seen. This show is like ATL on steroids in terms of the amount of friends in the cast and the light hearted shade and drama of those early seasons, but the ability to move forward and film. 

I also love seeing South Africa. They went on a trip to Botswana for one of the wives who was throwing a birthday party for her mom in her home village. It’s so interesting to see them go from these luxurious mansions to a village setting but still be respectful and enjoy themselves. 

One other thing that is interesting is that there is a VERY racist white woman in the cast who doesn’t see color and doesn’t believe racism exists. In America I feel she would’ve been beat down by several HWs by the point I’m at, but these ladies show incredible restraint. In the most recent episode they’d gone to a clothing store to get dresses for a wedding and one of the wives said she was going to get something custom made because they didn’t have anything that fit her style. The owner said they didn’t want to buy anything because they couldn’t afford it and the white girl said that once again “you people” have to make a big deal out of everything which caused a huge blow up. Whenever she wants to refer to the black women negatively it’s “you people” and then she acts offended when they call her out on it. 

If anybody wants a link DM me. This is definitely worth a watch. 

• Members

NYC last week was kind of odd. The whole thing with Tinsley exiting the group felt incomplete. I'm glad she got a nice wrap-up at the end, but the way things were left with the group felt awkward and unfinished. (Side note, on WWHL, Tinsley mentioned that since she left, only LuAnn and Ramona have reached out to her... and Leah too of course. No mention of Sonja or Dorinda) 

My take:  I think the cast knew Tinsley was leaving but Tins wasn't being open and upfront about it. Heck, it was Leah who broke the news of Tinsley being back together with Scott and getting engaged. Tinsley looked ashamed to admit it. That interaction at the table felt like we were all missing out on something behind the scenes. And honestly, after the way Bethenny left them all high and dry right before filming for the new season began, I can see why they'd feel equally slighted at Tinsley's lack of honesty and communication.  Who knows... maybe THAT'S why Dorinda's been such a c*nt to her all season long. 

Edited by Gray Bunny