Y&R: Potpourri Thread 5

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yep. I'm whiter than CKLily and even I can see that racism is alive and well in daytime and sexism is keeping it company. The Winter's family is on life support without Dru and I think TPTB like it that way. It's so obvious that they don't want to write for these characters. Dru was the one with the huge support and fanbase, so without her they don't have fans demanding to see the Winter's like they did before. And if VR were really the whole problem why didn't they recast Dru or Tyra or bring on other minorities? Because they don't want to and they're arrogant enough to think they don't have to. But that 3.7 isn't going to hold forever.

• Members

Of course, Dee Dee... Bergman and Braeden are also MEN. Dickson was white, and when she tried to throw her weight around like Braeden does... she got thrown under the bus. So there could be a little sexism at work as well, especially considering the salary difference between Jeanne and Eric. I understand how Melody would have been above that, married to the Exec. Producer..... and of course, Lauralee was immune to EVERYTHING (Luckily, she has a sweet personality... so it didn't bother people) I still don't understand what hold Stafford has on things. THAT is what is a mystery to me.

• Members

Exactly.

The MINUTE Vicky left so did the minority support

TPTB couldn't even respect Tonya & Kristoff enough to even ACT like they wanted to write for them & the way TPTB have done Bryton & Tatyana is even worse.

And let's not even discuss how Hispanics, Asians & Gays are treated.

• Members

Sexism definitely exists & it's worse than ever in Daytime but there's no comparison with Brenda though.

Brenda really IS crazy.:lol:

But TPTB won't even write for JEANNE their most recent Best Actress or Jess one of their past Best Actresses beyond being victims who need men to rescue them.

• Members

I think it depends on how you define the word. At the very least it's clear that they feel no obligation to be inclusive. It's 2010 and not only is Y&R struggling to include AA characters,

but gays, Asians, Latinos and liberated women are no where to be found. It's surreal.

• Members

Very true.... I only know Cliff though from reading storyline synopsis and the odd clip. I was only 4 years old when he left AMC, well was fired. Was he a Ryan Lavery type character? Sanctimonious, always trying to be the hero but failing miserably? lol.

Archived