Y&R: Potpourri Thread 5

• Members

I would want to leave to if the writers didn't care what they was doing with my character. VR needs to be back to see if she can bring back black viewers who don't care for her on screen daughter CKLily. The last highest ratings they had was the last day of VRDru. After she fell of the cliff so did the ratings. Her punk ass co stars have to face the facts that with them on the viewers still tune out. Those bitches need to suck it up. They have money to see a therapy about her. People who work regular jobs have to work with people they dislike all the time. & they can't afford therapy.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

victoria rowell comes across in her tweets as a complete psycho.

she sounds so desperate to return to y&r that it's ridiculous -- she tweets about wanting to go back, she re-tweets messages from her fans, she delivers her opinions of the writing at y&r, she trashes actors at y&r, she complains that the execs don't want her back,and she glorifies dru (herself) as the saviour of all soaps. i mean, really.

how long has VR been gone? doesn't she realize how many bridges she's burned and that she was a cancer on the set? just how huge can her ego be???

the woman really needs to get a life away from thinking about y&r.

• Members

1,200 an episode isn't too bad for a newcomer.... I wonder if Jess made as much as Rowell. I do know that Dickson made 2,500$ an episode in 1984, and at that time, I think she was the second highest paid on the show. My only gripe today is that Braeden makes more than Jeanne Cooper. For me, that is a total outrage. It's all about seniority for me. But California is RIDICULOUS. I've seen how much house people get for a MILLION dollars out there, it's NOTHING! Here in Missouri, for a million dollars, you can get a lakefront home, 5 bedroom, 6,000 square feet for a million dollars. Like this one:

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/31-Odessa_Lake-Ozark_MO_65049_1115650696?source=web

And as long as you don't live down by Cape Girardeau, you don't worry about it all getting swallowed up by an earthquake.

• Members

so rowell's been out for almost three years. THREE YEARS.

i liked her work as dru, but isn't it time to just let it go? if she's trying to mend fences, you sure won't see that if you check twitter. her tweets reek of a mixture of out-of-control ego and desperation....not a good mix.

i guess she's lucky to have fans who write her every day and tell her they miss dru and wnat her back. gives VR something to re-tweet.

• Members

What they did to Tonya does suck, but as much as I like her, I don't think she can compare to VR. VR just had that certain something that only a few stars have. She was full of charisma, always entertaining and gave it her all even when the story was $hit. I think TPTB recognize that, but they are punishing her for leaving. On top of that, we have whatever drama was going on backstage. I don't presume to know what was happening or why and I really don't care. I want Dru back and if VR is a bitch, everyone else in the cast needs to just suck it up for the sake of the show. B)

• Members

is an actor THAT good that the entire cast needs to "just suck it up for the sake of the show"?

i don't think so, and i don't think it works that way. i'm also not sure she's being punished for leaving, because i think they got RID of her 3 yrs. ago.

if VR had kept her mouth shut after "leaving," she might have had a chance at returning. but she couldn't do that. she continued -- and continues -- to trash people at y&r, and that makes no sense. she shot herself in the foot.

• Members

here's VR's latest tweet from just a few minutes ago....

victoriarowell Dear Fans, Y&R SUITS wish you wld forget DRU & believe she's NOT important as other characters. TRUST, together I'll get back on show 4 U!

8 minutes ago via UberTwitter

wow.

• Members

I'm speaking from my perspective as a consumer of their product. I really don't care what the cast has to put up with, I want the best show possible, what goes on behind the scenes is not my problem. Just like during my summer as a waitress, I didn't expect patrons to give a damn about my swollen feet or that our manager was a nightmare to work for. I'm sure the cast has a very different perspective on the situation, but again, not my problem.

Anyway, somehow I very much doubt that VR was some insane barracuda wreaking havoc wherever she went, while PB and MS were innocent helpless victims. All of this is moot though, I very much doubt Y&R has the money to bring Dru back, even if they wanted to.

• Members
Man, and I thought Peter Bergman would be out getting his tan today!

In all honesty, I'll admit, I put Ria Rowell into the "crazy bitch" category for years, but that excuse from TIIC can only work so much when she's gone and similar things are happening to other performers. There are some major politics and power plays going on at Y&R and by looking at what's happening on and off-screen, it's blatantly obvious.

I'm not gonna sit here and say that Rowell was completely right, but the evidence is clearly there. They have finally, completely pigeonholed Neil and nuMalcolm into these subservient, second banana positions instead of fully committing to them or admitting they feel they don't need black characters on their show. Even if Rowell doesn't return, they couldn't have already created and developed a black female character that, although will never be Dru, could have an interesting backstory and could be paired with Neil, Malcolm, or someone else on the show? Someone they could "steal" from ABC, like they did with Eden?

And it's not just going on with Rowell. Other vets have been shafted as well because of politics and power plays. Jess Walton, forced into reducing her guarantee so they can continue to [!@#$%^&*] on her character for the delight and the propping of company fave Granny Cooper. Melody Thomas Scott(former boss of the wife), who, as far as I'm concerned, is just as important as Eric Braeden, is rarely ever seen and when she is, it's only to endure more abuse by Victor.

Rowell, despite her mass re-tweeting and her cries of racism, is only clarifying part of a larger issue at Y&R. She knows that there are people BTS that don't want to see her on the show again, but those exact same people are likely the ones that are cockblocking MTS, Walton, Kristoff, and other vets.

I'd find it really funny if Bergman is met with the same fate, especially considering he is likely part of this clique and that, essentially, Tucker is a cheaper, more ballsy Jack Abbott. And we all know how much Sheffer loves men with balls. :rolleyes: Bergman's hard work(along with his friends on set) in keeping the crazy black chick off the show will have been for naught, because he would be getting shafted too. ^_^

• Members

You'd think Bergman would get sick of playing a Jack who hasn't come out on top in a storyline practically his entire time there. Its gotten much worse the last 5 years. I still am shocked the Abbotts are still here.... I thought when Maria Bell got Eileen Davidson back and the initial story of them finding out about Gloria and the skin scream and trying to grab control of Jabot again the Abbotts are back... lo0rd was I wrong. Maria has [!@#$%^&*] on them more than Latham did. The Abbotts are dead IMO most of all Jack.

• Members

Who are the "mean girls" behind the scenes at Y&R?

If I had to guess, the head of the mean girls would be Ms. Peter Bergman. (Whom I have never bought as a straight man. Not in the least).

The rest would be Stafford, LeBlanc..

I feel Case stays out of this stuff. And Eileen too.

MTS is amazing in my opinion and I have always heard that she is icy, icy, icy. I don't care. I love Nikki. But she is not part of the Mean Girls clique. She is kind of in her own, 80's Y&R mean girls clique. An island to herself.

And as far as execs who may be blocking Rowell, could it simply be Barbara Bloom?

• Members

gee, i didn't know peter bergman had that much power on the set. i never thought that PB and MS were innocent victims, though.

hey, i want the best show possible, too. do i care what the cast and crew have to put up with? no, but the reality is that it DOES matter whether i care or not. the reality is that VR is seen as a HUGE problem, and those who continually call for her return seem oblivious to that. sorry, but no one's THAT good that a place of employment has to put up with someone's issues.

if y&r really wanted rowell back, money would NOT be an object. they'd find the money by ditching other characters, and we all have a LIST of characters we'd be willing to wave goodbye to.

i think that politics and power plays occur on EVERY soap, not just on y&r.

Archived