Y&R: Potpourri Thread 5

• Members

You asked, we answered and then our answer wasn't good enough for you. No one has said you can't have positive opinions in this thread. At the same time, we don't have to justify watching the show and voicing our dislike of the writing and lack of diversity.

I'm not saying that everything about the show is bad, but things have been going down hill since last summer, imo.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Because you think the show been good for several months before you started seeing how terrible it is. That doesn't mean everybody think the sameway. So to them when they speck ill about Y&R it's warranted to them. Who to say what's warranted or not to a viewer.

• Members

I didn't say it was good for several months. I said parts were good, parts weren't. But I said that more was good than bad. But back then, you all were saying it was TERRIBLE... and now that it really IS terrible, you've already shot your wad with bad words to describe it. My whole point at that time, was that there were ebb and flow periods 20 years ago, 30 years ago, 35 years ago... but every single person in this thread except me has watched for less than 15 years, so you don't have the complete picture of the creative highs and lows in the show's history. this week was GOOD, but the last 12 have STUNK. But instead of making yourselves feel like the biggest turd in the toilet by saying nothing but negative things, people who are in charge of this show would be more apt to listen to your thoughts and feelings if you gave props when they DO deserve it, and can pinpoint exactly what and where this show needs improvement. Otherwise, you'll be disregarded as someone who just bitches about everything and is never satisfied. I can't believe mo wants to even a discuss a show she won't watch. Why do you even care? And if Rowell came back you STILL wouldn't watch it because of Kahlil? Did you not watch it during Kahlil's first run?

• Members

How can you claim to know how long other people have been watching? :unsure: I've been watching for nearly 25 years, although I grant you I only remember the last 20. In any case, the creative highs and lows of the past three decades have nothing to do with our opinion of the show today. Even if Y&R in 1977 sucked even more than it does in 2010, that doesn't make 2010 any better or change my opinion of the show today. I'm not going to sit here and give them a pass for bad writing because someone else did worse 30 years ago.

I also don't know how you can paint us all with the same brush when it comes to posting negative comments. I post positive things all the time, in fact, if you check the Y&R post, you'll see I posted positive things just today.

As far as TPTB listening to me, I could give a flying f*ck. I post here to talk to other Y&R fans, not to worry about whether TIIC take me seriously. The show itself tells me how seriously they take their fans.

• Members

I posted positive things about Chloe. Even when people dislike her. I post positive things about Mac especially AshBash & Rachel Mac.

But overall Y&R is shitty. & I knew when they brought back CK & brought on Aussie Colleen that this show was going to hit rock bottom. & that was three years ago. I been watching this show off and on for over 23 years. I probably should have stop watching when my father stop watching over 15 years ago. But I fell so in love with DavettaLily that I thought I'll give them a chance again.

• Members

& how you know how long people been watching. I grew up on Y&R because of my father. & I grew up on CBS soaps because my sister would watch all the line up. When GL use to come on at 3pm. Damn right I don't like CK as Lily Winters. I can say what I want when I want. they don't care how I felt when I consently call & told them not to bering back CK as Dru daughter. If I don't like the whole show, so what. Don't read what I write. Damn right as long as CK is playing Dru daughter I will not watch even if VR comes back. Like I always said since you seem not to read my post clearly. I said I don't have a problem with CK if she came on as somebody else or somebody elses child. I said that forever. Paul probably have gotten much more airtime if CK played Heather. Jack probably been a father to one of his child if CK played his child.

• Members

Well, since she said before with complete confidence that black people were on this show in the 70's... it's got to be less than 30. But the thing about Y&R, is that from 1984-2003, this show didn't have much of any low periods, that's what I was pointing out, maybe I should have said 20 or 25 instead of 15. Ok, fine. the big creative lulls were in 1980 and then again in 82-83.

Archived