Y&R: Potpourri Thread 5

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh again another thing I gave Sweet Valley High her chance to prove that she's Dru daughter. they said Dru was having an hard time raising Lily. Lily was hanging around rough kids from the roughest part in Paris. CKLily wouldn't have stop to ask these roughest kids any direction. Anybody seen the movie ATL that how I picture Lily being. Not how waterdown CK plays Lily.

• Members

I think the show has had some lulls in my time as a viewer. 1996-1997 were very uneven, and I think the first few years of last decade were all over the place. It's just that in those years I still felt like the show was Y&R. I don't see that now. They've taken away everything that made the show what it was. The show had such a distinct identity, and yet I feel the people in charge of Y&R now are actively ashamed of that identity. They only seem to think Y&R's identity means Victor is Macho Man Randy Savage or that everyone loves Katherine.

• Members

At this point, no one would care about the lighting and camera work if the writing and stories were good. Can anyone explain why we're getting ANOTHER doppelganger, and why this show has been overloaded in this short period of time with cartoon psychos and stupid and weak women? This is just lazy and bad storytelling.

• Members

Y&R I think is determined to be ANYTHING but itself. I've watched this show for over 15 years and I don't see anything of the Bell vision in it anymore... its so sad. I am ALMOST ready to say Latham would be a step up at this point :ph34r:

• Members

Umm regardless of if you feel she's self motivated, and she maybe moreso, but her work and her voice have gotten results. We see when she's not there the Winters are on life support. So what ever motivation anyone wants to argue she had, she apparently got some sort of results

• Members

rowell's work and her voice have gotten results??? are you kidding me??? WHAT results???

she's been OFF the show for almost THREE YEARS, and since then she's done nothing but trash y&r actors, trash y&r execs, feed her fawning fans with her diva act, and grovel for her old job back as dru.

the woman spends most of her day talking about y&r, for god's sake -- with no results. why? because she so badly burned the bridges. you'd thing VR would be EMBARRASSED to act this way. i feel like she's starring in her own version of SUNSET BOULEVARD.

• Members

and by the way, if davetta sherwood was so good as lily, why hasn't she done much of anything since y&r let her go? her resume looks AWFULLY thin to me. or is it now time to blame y&r for ruining her reputation and chance in the business?

for that matter, victoria rowell hasn't exactly burned up the screen since she "left" y&r.

• Members
There are lots of talented people, of all races, who don't get roles and fade out of the spotlight.

I don't think Y&R had anything to do with Davetta's lack of IMDB credits. There are very limited roles for African-American females in TV and Films(yes, even in those dreadful Tyler Perry/Madea films), coupled with how difficult it is for lighting to strike twice for everyone and the economy cutting back on film/TV productions.

There are lots of good actors/actresses who were one soap wonders and were never seen again. That doesn't make them any less talented.

Archived