Y&R: Potpourri Thread 5

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

nice try at changing the subject.

we're talking about VICTORIA ROWELL, not her "caucasian peers." besides, NONE of those you mentioned caused trouble on the set like rowell. kim zimmer's no shrinking violet, but at least her problems weren't ALSO with the cast.

no one -- NO ONE -- said minorities should remain silent. there's a big difference between silence and talking WAY too much, trashing everything in your path.

it's also be nice if you stopped playing the race card. I AGREE that too few minorities appear on the soaps, but you really go overboard with your attacks. you are OBSESSED with race.

ONCE AGAIN, you bring up other cast members who NEVER trashed the way VR did. and you apparently think the actors and execs at yr live and breathe to ignore rowell's supposed "legacy." talk about delusional thinking.

marginalize her LEGACY? i mean, really. she's not hattie mcdaniel, for god's sake, she's not halle berry, and she's not ellen holly.

so CK delivers ONE LINE and she's generating publicity??? who could BLAME her for responding after the way VR has bashed her in the media?

we can debate ALL DAY about victoria rowell. once again, though, it'd be nice if responses didn't always resort to blaming the big evil white man. sometimes we're responsible for our own problems.

truly, her tweets are ENTERTAINMENT PLUS.

• Members

We all in this discussion do the same, what are we groveling about? Personally I see it as a discussion but to each his/her own

It doesn't matter if they wanted her back, they needed her more than they probably want her. But then again Y&R need alot of things these days, a creative upheaveal for one...

• Members

I thought that video was hilarious. I liked that she poked fun at her vanity and also the stupidity of Dru's exit without being insulting. I look forward to the future webisodes. They're released every Saturday btw. Not sure if we get one this Saturday since we just got one yesterday. My only thing is...I kinda wish she played the soap character featured in the book instead of herself. Maybe she'll do both depending on the subject.

Also, I know this was minor and probably thrown together, but it didn't look bad and the sound was good. I especially loved the dramatic score. I wouldn't mind her doing a websoap. I'm sure she could wrangle up a few soap/primetime friends and do something that could be popular.

Archived