Y&R: Potpourri Thread 5

• Members

The pacing is the hardest thing for me to get used to. Granted it couldn't stay the way it was under Bill Bell. Society has changed to much and few people have that kind of patience. But we went from moving at a snails pace and playing every beat to lightening speed and skipping beats all over the place. If they would just slow things down a little they wouldn't have to burn through one crazy over the top story after another.

Y&R used to be grounded in reality 90% of the time. Now, insanity reigns. There's a psycho hiding behind every bush in GC. I miss realistic soap bad girls who stir up trouble. Instead they give us psycho Jana, Chipmunk Kevin, Patti, Adam, Daisy and Mama bear in a very short period of time. It's too much.

When it comes to casting, things have been hit or miss. Unfortunately the misses are pretty significant.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How is she groveling? Is it because she's being honest about loving her character? She explicitly stated that the terms Y&R wanted her back under were not agreeable. And so what she's off the show she's probably better off if u ask me. Apparently we see it two different ways, I never take any of V.Rowells opinions and statements to mean that she's dessperate. I see a passionate, talented artist who loved what she did and is conscious of what she's capable of. Why should she be embarassed? Is it because she recognizes she has a voice and she chooses to use it. The results that she get are the many AA and all others who's viewership is mostly dependent on her's and Dru's presence. The results that she get are the A story that Neil and the Winters become incorporated in when she's around. It really is that simple. You only know she spends most of her day talking about Y&R if you spend most of your day watching or listening to her

• Members

Unless you know what goes on in hollywood dealing with black entertianers you can't commit. But you bets beleive it's hard for a black person in hollywood. Davetta got roles under her belt before she join Y&R. Where was CK credits but Y&R. Soaps seems they not going to last long. Where she going to go after.

• Members

i never mentioned CK -- i have no idea if she'll be successful after y&r, and neither do you.

that is a VERY weak defense for why davetta sherwood isn't working. yes, hollywood roles are scarce for african americans, but if DS were that good, she'd get the roles. her credits before y&r were minimal, and she hasn't worked since.

• Members

she's groveling because she posts NON-STOP about y&r. she's either trashing PB or the writers or the execs, or she's replying to her drooling fans.

and sorry, i don't believe y&r EVER wanted her back. you're trying to say she set the terms under which she'd return? LMAO

• Members

Victoria Rowell made a huuuuuuuuuge mistake — I am repeating this again — and just plainly overestimated herself: there was no way in hell they would allow her to write for the show and act in it. Which is what she wanted.

I love her, but she needs to get a life outside Y&R, stop talking about it and commenting about every damn thing on this show. New Malcolm included.

I WISH so dearly she found a role on a primetime show or in some hot feature film, but it won't happen. And daytime won't happen either. It doesn't matter if it is true or not, it doesn't matter if others are difficult on set too, her reputation is killing her. No one wants a hot mess on a show.

• Members

I thoguht you was getting on Davetta not acting on screen. If you notice there nothnig but white shows. All I'm saying CK resume is a bit thin.

By TIIC not letting her contribute to the writing & acting is their lost. Look where we are at now with this shitty writing & acting. & she was right about the New Malcolm where is he at now. All that's right they have nothing for him to serve to the citizens of GC so he's backburn where most of us predicted anyway.

• Members

Oh please.

Daytime won't even hire minority writers.

And overestimate herself?

Funny how nobody ever accuses Susan Lucci Genie Francis, Kim Zimmer or Elizabeth Hubbard, Robin Strasser, Cady McClain, Beth Ehlers, Emma Samms, Finola Hughes or any of her Caucasian peers of "overestimating themselves".

It's funny how it's only important that the minority actress remain silent.

Had Cady McClain or Beth Ehlers said it they would be commended.

Cause White People make & maintain the rules.

When uppity minorities don't know their place they must be put in it.

As usual.

On a set with Braeden, Bergman, Giggly Heffa, Thomas Scott, Cooper, Chapman, Hendrickson, Goddard, Miller, Rikaart, LeBlanc & Walton NO ONE has room to cast stones.

At all.

And Vicky unlike others has had significant success before, during & after Y&R.

But continue to ignore the agendas & marginalize her legacy.

Ellen Holly would be PROUD.

Oh please.

Like Christel "I'll pray for her" Khalil isn't?

• Members

She can't be commended when she is hurting her own cause. That would be id!otic.

I can't commend her on that when she is her own worst enemy.

And like I said, the fact that others are difficult means nothing. They simply hate this woman on Y&R and the show will sink into the sunset (read: sewer) without her.

Archived