Y&R: Potpourri Thread 5

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I so disagree , she doesn't have to get anyone on board you're either going to agree or disagree. Personally, her very stance that she has had to fight for any ounce of dignity the black actors on the show have been allowed to keep or that daytime neeeds to step out of the segregative mindset is now evident without her presence. I have no idea how anyone would disagree

• Members

oh, please.

victoria rowell has had to fight for any ounce of dignity for black actors on y&r? are you kidding me? i have a feeling black actors on y&r might have a problem with that description. victoria rowell fights for HERSELF, not for anyone else. she cares about HERSELF, not anyone else.

by the way, the writing on y&r isn't perfect, but it is NOT terrible. in fact, the show has been on fire for the past month. casting problems? no more than any other show. production problems? sorry, but i think the show looks fine. all the y&r bashing is really over-the-top. i wouldn't watch a show i thought had bad writing, a lousy cast, looked awful, and practiced discrimination.

+1

• Members

Exactly, if not for habit, loyalty and the hope that things will get better someday I would not be watching right now. I started watching at a young age, but I have no doubt that if I tuned in for the first time now, I would tune out just as quickly. If I hadn't loved most of these characters for 20 years, I wouldn't put up with the way TPTB insult my intelligence on a daily bases. It's so obvious that TPTB think we are an audience made up of uneducated housewives who won't notice when the plot points don't add up.

• Members

well, as long as it's ok for me to disagree.

i have no problem with y&r getting criticism, but when that criticism is over-the-top, i speak out even if i'm drowned out by a bunch of "+1" replies that scream "we're superior to this moron."

if y&r is TERRIBLE, so are ALL the other soaps. in addition, i fail to see why anyone would watch a TERRIBLE show, even out of habit and loyalty. how long do you give it before you drop it? will you watch it in all of its TERRIBLENESS into infinity?

• Members

^^^ you said your not sticking your head in the sand. But accepting things like it is. Isn't that like sticking your head in the sand. People want to see improvments so they won't be off the air next year or two. If they off the air all this would be a mute point anyway.

& the people who giving out the +1 & win are other people. We aren't given it to ourselves. when you gave yourself that something about it scream ego. If you don't like what we have to say in this thread don't come in it. Because this what this thread is about. To complain about the failures of Y&R.

• Members

i fully realize that a +1 is "awarded" from other people. i didn't realize i'd have to explain sarcasm.

i never SAID i didn't like what you have to say, and i'd appreciate not getting the old and tired "don't come here if you don't like it." it's like "america -- love it or leave it." i mean, is this board a place only to hold hands and agree with everyone on everything?

i thought this thread was called Y&R: POTPOURRI THREAD and not "let's bitch about y&r." forgive me for believing i could have a different opinion than others in a POTPOURRI thread. if it's a place only to complain, someone should change the thread title. i'm newer here than most of you, so i took the thread title literally.... didn't realize it was a bash thread.

and no, no one has to explain their reaons for watching, but that doesn't mean i can't ask, does it? in a discussion or conversation, most people like to hear opinions or feelings backed up with something.

• Members

Your'e right... this is not a "bash" thread. It's a discussion for all things not related to weekly episode discussion. I like some things, don't like others. I'm an apologist fanboi because I don't hate EVERYTHING about this show, and can enjoy bits here and there even if it's bad overall. I've been much more negative the last 6 months, because the show has DESERVED it. That's why when last May and June, people were saying how horrible the show was... I felt their crticizms were far too harsh. November, December, January...... now those three months were BAD, so I think people should save the harsh stuff for when it REALLY is warranted.

Archived