Y&R: Potpourri Thread 5

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh snap...she also says a certain EXEC is not feeling her. Rauch maybe? Barbara Bloom?

She was probably told by Maria(who likely smiled to her face while talking sh*t behind her back) that Rauch and/or Bloom were cockblocking her return.

• Members

I wonder if Senait Ashefanti is still acting. She had some real fire which Keesha rarely got to exploit (this often happened during her fights with Carly -- Sarah Brown was good at pushing the buttons of the show's actresses in those years).

• Members

Melody treats everyone like [!@#$%^&*], but I imagine it in a lovably snobby way. With her rags to riches story and being married to the man in charge she probably walked around that set like the HBIC for AGES, until the team as disassembled and she's now an extra. I feel bad for her still. I love her. And while I believe she did treat Rowell like catshit, I'm sure Rowell threw her weave in the ring with everyone as well.

• Members

That $1,200 that she started at in 1990 actually sounds like quite a good salary for a new cast member. It's the $5,000 that isn't nearly as good since that money likely came 10 years later and didn't budge after the year 2000. Living in LA got a helluva lot more expensive in those 17 years she was on the show.

And to echo another poster, MTS strikes me as a major ice queen to everyone aside from the inner circle of 20+ year vets.

• Members

MAB is the queen of recycled stories.

I really don't care if VR ever returns to Y&R she seems to have pissed off alot of her castmates. as i recall it was her choice to leave the show she should just get over it and stop bitching about it.if she is this amazing actress why has no other soap casted her in their show.

• Members

Well most everyone on this board knows what I do for a living (cosmetic dermatologist) but it's important to note that it's $5,000 an episode, not per day. Most actors are only guaranteed 2 episodes a week, if that, so yes, it's a substantial amount of money, but your agent take 10% and your manager takes 15% and then you have your mortgage, bills, children...it goes a long way, but it does run out.

Archived