Y&R: Potpourri Thread 5

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, the show may look like s*** and the cast may have to take big pay cuts to bankroll former "names" from other soaps that are then shoehorned in like an ugly stepsister pining for her prince, but they sure know how to throw a party!! Apparently Stephen missed the long, long WE'RE IN THE POORHOUSE NOW, FRANCHISE FEE IS NOT FOR ME weepfest Rauch and Maria went on last year.

Wilson Bethel/Clementine Ford/Greg Rikaart all look exactly the same in that photo as they do on the show -- like they need a scrub. So Y&R really has no makeup or hair department now do they?

That pose with Stacy Haiduk and John Driscoll is hot. Too bad Chance has to be a eunuch. I'm sure Patty will get to pound Billy or Nick soon enough.

• Members

Oh you're right, many people don't look great in a photo, they look OK for a photo, it's just that they look exactly the same on TV. It reinforced for me just how bad the show's production values are on Y&R today.

• Members

For those interesting in soap star salaries, Victoria Rowell revealed how much she got per episode. 1200 when she first started and 17 later she ended making 5000 per show. She said it was good money, but not really comparable to other stars on the show. She said Kristoff with his recent salary cut makes less that people who've been there a lot less. Hell, I'd bet Michael Muhney makes more money than him. Poor Melody Thomas Scott is probably in a similar state. It's obvious her episode guarantee is very low and we already know they cut her per episode rate too.

She also seemed to allude Dru will be recast. She revealed her pay rate for the "new black actress" so she can "get paid." Could be Malcolm's unrelated new fiancee, Dru or nobody knowing these writers.

ETA:

That sounds like a recast to me... of course you can real it all on Twitter @VictoriaRowell.

Archived