Y&R: Potpourri Thread 5

• Members

I still am surprised Frons hasn't gotten in on this and gotten Rowell on one of his soaps. I remember a few years back shortly after Rowell was ousted from Y&R that she was apparently being considered for a OLTL role that I guess never materialized. I imagine knowing Frons he has probably tried to get her, but I imagine for Rowell is Drucilla or nothing.

As much as I like Michelle Stafford's acting (when she decides she wants to act), for years she has had the execs of that show wrapped around her little finger. What Stafford wants, she gets.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And yet PB and EB were in an actual fist fight and the show put up with that. Violence in the work place seems like a bigger problem than being a Diva. I'm hardly oblivious to VR being a Diva, but I've certainly never heard of her putting her hands on anyone or spitting on anyone, so again, if her presence is inconvenient to the clique controlling Y&R, I could give a f*ck. They should be professionals and deal with it.

• Members

At the expense of actress after actress.

But don't discuss that before the gates of Mordor open releasing a billion giggling trolls with their pseudonyms who will try to delusionally justify racism & act like they're "innocently" playing "devil's advocate" as they ALWAYS do.

• Members

You're right, but the double standard is so blatant. Some people can go around throwing punches and spitting on people without getting fired, but god forbid you speak out about the state of minorities on the show and you are banished for life.

• Members

EXACTLY.

But see those actors are White so they are allowed to act & treat people however they want without consequence.

People Of Color are just lucky White people let them breathe the same air. <_<

EXACTLY.

40 years removed from Ellen Holly & things are WORSE.

• Members

I am getting a good chuckle listening to people blast some of the other actors on the show when we really don't know what's going on or know them personally. And the so called people that we think may not be involved may very well be involved.

Frankly I love VR flapping her gums, I hope she continues to do it for a longgggggggggggggg time...the more she does it, the more she ticks of the very people who are actually the ones she needs to get on board - but she really doesn't have a clue. So let her carry on. And the same goes for all the other actors as well. They could disappear just like that..POOF! :lol: The interesting part is I would love for her to come back because the character of Dru is very interesting and one of a kind, but she's already stenching up any possibility of a return..and while I would love Dru to come back at the same time I don't miss the character either and actually would be all in favor of a recast.

Her outspokenness instead of being refreshing has now become a show of arrogance. But hey, I sure don't mind her stoking the fires..they may be willing to have her back if they don't have to pay her for it, surely she loves Y&R so much that that would not be unacceptable to her. :lol:

• Members

deeedee, i am not a troll and i am not racist. YOU'RE the one pulling out the race card.

i find it interesting that i'm supposed to believe EVERYTHING i read that's negative about MS and PB, but i'm not supposed to believe VR has ANY responsibility for what's happened to her.

i also can't believe that people watch a show that they believe is so steeped in discrimination. it makes no sense to me.

i'm not posting here to start trouble, let alone to start a war. i will defend myself against any charge of racism, however. i find discrimination of any kind disgusting, and i won't be tagged with that label just because i think victoria rowell is a nutcase who caused her own problems.

• Members

1) He has a wife and family to support; and 2) I think even he realizes he isn't the greatest thespian, so he's grateful just to be working.

Remember, too, Cliff Warner could be a complete idiot sometimes; and yet, PB stayed in that role (on AMC) for over 10 years.

• Members

I've always believed a diva can act like a diva if she has the goods to back it up. Love her or hate her, Victoria Rowell is one of the key reasons viewers - and African-American viewers in particular - tune(d) into Y&R. She made you pay attention whenever she was onscreen. Same goes for Eric Braeden, Brenda Dickson, Terry Lester, etc. It's when someone acts like a snit but who can't excite you as a viewer that I have a problem.

• Members

I like Jack and Phyllis both, but we do know for a fact that PB and EB were in a fist fight. So I have to wonder why work place violence isn't a bigger deal than someone lacking diplomacy? And true enough, we don't know exactly what happened on the set, but we know PB has major issues with VR and that VR said MS spit on her. As far as I know all VR has been accused of is having a big mouth.

I like all of the people involved here, but I can't help but wonder why words are worse than hitting and spitting? People call VR unstable, but EB and PB come to blows and no one called them bat $hit crazy or unstable.

At the same time, one fact of life that we all live with is that there is a price to pay for calling out your employer and that is true whether you are at the top of the food chain or the bottom. So yes, I think VR had to know that some of the things she's said wouldn't win her any points with TPTB. I really wonder why she even wants to come back to Y&R. Her book was successful, it doesn't seem like Y&R would even be worth the trouble at this point. If anything it seems like the backstage politics there are worse than ever.

• Members

They are white.

They can do WHATEVER they want without consequence & not only are they not punished but are REWARDED for their actions.

Look at OLTL ratings are falling but WHO are the ones that were fired?

The minorities.

And it's worse for Y&R but Mordor has arrived to try to derail the conversation.

As usual.

Archived