Y&R: Week of June 8, 2009

• Members

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! I thought I was the only one who felt like this! I read on other message boards that people are excited about him coming and want him to be in a love triangle with Daniel and Amber.

I feel sorry for the actors who have been on this show longer than Adrienne Frantz who haven't gotten the amount of screentime she has had and now tptb are bringing in someone from her past for her.

You guys have to read what MAB thinks about this art storyline (click on the second picture)

http://serialdrama.typepad.com/serial_dram...lines.html#more

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We had to deal with enough of this Daniel/Amber/Kevin/Jana nonsense when LML was around, and now it's like LML never left. (And now with Victoria involved, it's starting to recall LML's ***reliquary*** mess.)

I'm trying to give this show the benefit of the doubt, and I'm looking forward to the Phillip Chancellor return, just because his death was one of my first memories of Y&R. I was also very happy with the show during the Katherine/Marge story. But I'm getting that uneasy sense of a show imploding before my eyes.

• Members

The Art storyline is one of those cheesy summer stories to try and get younger viewers watching. Y&R hasn't done one of these in awhile, and honestly, they're always very lame (more effort should go into them). Y&R always has that one gimmicky story with the younger crowd, and then another bigger one building up with the vets, to keep everyone content.

LML's reliquary mess doesn't even compare because it fucked up so much history. This is just dumb bullshi-t to put those four on screen.

• Members

Alvin, Patty Jane's identity is not meant to be a secret for the viewers anymore. It's just a matter of time before the characters find out too. They stretched the identity card as long as they could. I don't see what is wrong with this.

Whereas I am totally SHOCKED and APPALLED that the art storyline is going to carry on for the whole summer. Please, kill me now. Is that their idea of attracting new viewers? I have no words.

• Members

Wednesday episode with the the guy running around in black for the art stuff was the most random thing I ever saw.

ETA: Nevermind, Mary Jane petting and hugging a stuff cat was the most random thing I have ever saw.

• Members

It's not so much her identity, it's the way they're going on about it. How convenient and contrived to have Phyllis and Jack talking about Mary Jane and for Jack to bring up his relationship with Patti and the fact she shot him in the back 3 times? Jack never found reason to mention this woman before, and for as long as Phyllis and Jack have known each other, now is the time he brings it up? They've been doing stuff like this for a while now, how much more are they going to hit us over the head with it? Is JER literally ghostwriting this show?

This show uses history not for depth and subtlety, it uses it to be obvious and to mask its flaws for creative new and exciting storylines for the future. Subtlety is not MAB's strongest aspect.

• Members

I can see where Y&R intended the art story to be a more breezy diversion from the heavy drama on the rest of the canvas. The story is not good, but I do prefer it at the moment to the sicker stories (the Shick/Phick/Jack quad, Adam tormenting (generic heroine) while twirling his invisible mustache). I just wish they could come up with better stories for Daniel.

The only dark character on the show right now I'm enjoying is MJ.

Archived