Y&R: Week of June 8, 2009

• Members

Didn't Phyllis say name one man that believed in her and listed Michael as one of those men who didn't last week?

I don't get that, outside of Jack, Michael is the only man that's consistently been on her side and he always will be. He proved it today when he went off on Nick when he visited Phyllis. Was that just a sloppy writing mistake?

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This show should just re-name itself the Crazies and the Cheaters, since those are their most relied upon plot devices these days. I'm also really grossed out by these characters going from kissing or screwing one person, straight to kissing and screwing another without bothering to shower and brush their teeth in between.

I think Monday's show bugged me because Billy is just so repulsive now and he and Mac have no chemistry.

• Members

Probably, they really are writing each show with no long term vision. To me a sign of good writing is to have your major plot points set out months to maybe even years in advance and just break it down and fill it in as they go. Since when are Ashley and Sharon the same amount pregnant? Wasn't Sharon having one of her many trysts while Ashley told Victor about her pregnancy at his birthday party. It is writing like this that leads to characters like Sharon having a premature baby after 11 months of pregnancy and Jill having a full term baby after 6. How hard is it to say, I want this character to have a baby during this sweeps month and then count back 8-9 months from that depending on the major birth event they have planned. It all seems so sloppy to me.

• Members

I agree, this show was way beyond convoluted at the moment. They get too caught up in doing "shocking" plots that they make everything up as they go along. Very sloppy and disjointed.

The tone of this show is no different than LML's last year, the only difference is the slower pace and casual mention of history, but even MAB and company have horrible pacing problems and has shown some disrespect for history.

• Members

These are shocking plot twists? I have yet to be shocked about anything other than how my stomach is now turning while watching and how it went from so good to so bad in a very short amount of time. Did they miss that all the praise they were receiving at the end of 2008 and earlier this year was due to the character drama and that the plot points were secondary?

• Members

loved the Noah scene, having him call his parents out as the ho's that they are was karma!! having Noah wanting nothing to do with his parents and their "reunion" puts SHICK in their own little world, where everything is sunshine and roses, and they never had a problem in their marriage before big bad Phyllis stole little bitty Nicky and forced him to have sex with her and leave his tru wuv!

can't wait for MAB to wake up and smell the bad ratings and have this all be a Bobby Ewing in the shower moment!

has anyone noticed that MAB is taking PHICK moments and re-writing them as SHICK moments? the only problem is SHICK just can quite pull em off!

• Members

There is definitely a problem with pacing and timing. Sharon & Ashley both due the same time? PUH-LEEZE! Though I guess a hysterical pregnancy isn't beholden to a reality-based timeline.

EH is a good actress. Honestly though, I could care less if Chloe left town tomorrow. I prefer her to the Scoobies but that's not saying much. Oh, man. The only younger characters I actually care about in any way are Lily (out of habit & because CK does have good chemistry with her men), Noah (KS is so natural & real) and Adam (Stupid CE!). I used to give a damn about Billy but Mac pretty much killed that. Thanks, Mac.

When Phyllis let Mary Jane babysit Summer, it gave me chills! YIKES!

• Members

Looks like those few months were just a fluke, and they've started to show their true colours. Though, to be fair, many of these annoying elements existed for a while, but they were balanced by other things. Now? Not so much.

This show is dying for a new creative direction at the moment.

• Members

QUESTION....

When Sharon and Nick divorced, the only thing she wanted, and received ownership of, in their settlement was their house on the ranch (the former stables). Was it ever explained how in the hell Weaktoria and JT are now living there while Sharon turns her suite at the GCAC into the hottest little whore house outside of Texas?

• Members

One of the only characters left holding my interest. Along with Katherine, Nina and to a lesser extent Phyllis and Billy.

I hate how everyone i loved gets regressed and left in their current states for the purposes of the plot, it's ridiculous. It doesn't keep me glued or intrigued or interested in their happenings. `It is what I stopped watching other soaps for, anyway I'm not quite there with Y&R yet but ......

• Members

I think when they tried to be more leisurely, when MAB and Griffith were in charge, the show dropped severely in the ratings, so since then MAB has been afraid of being more methodical. Almost everything is fast, gimmick, sex, violence, sex, gimmick, stunt. They're burning through story like they are afraid of what will happen next. I think a lot of the show is built on sand at the moment, in place of any real vision. I think we're seeing the negative affects of most of those who truly cared about Y&R being removed from the show and not being brought back.

I do wish they'd stop having people have sex, and then go and have sex or almost have sex with someone else. I know it's supposed to be a big dramatic device but I think it's all just very desperate. I wish they could at least give someone an STD.

I think Sharon and Nikki briefly lived together, then Sharon let Nikki have the place, then Nikki let Victoria and JT have it. I'm probably wrong though.

Archived