Y&R: Week of June 8, 2009

• Members

EH was really good, yet again, reading those notes about how Mac was it for Billy. That's got to be the worst feeling in the world to be with an a** who doesn't love you and declares hes utterly incapable of being monogamous and find out that he actually is. And with someone he currently stalks incessantly. Heartwrenching.

Both him and Rakesh, I believe.

The Mac/Chloe/Billy triangle may suck in the long-run, I agree. But I'd like to see where this goes for now. Chloe should've left Billy and vice versa a long time ago anyway. I wish they'd match that firecracker with JT. Mac and Kevin/JT were/are a snooze.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What's the story, other than their having an affair? What brings them together and keeps them together? It is clear why Chloe would leave Billy, but Victoria hasn't done anything wrong. I'd say she was somewhat domineering, and not always sensitive (like she railroaded through that alley caper), but she hasn't done anything to justify JT straying. If Victoria were more like her father, and had a straying eye...

• Members

I agree.

I'm not even considering the hows and the whys, just the possibilities.

I do remember a few months ago, whenever JT and Victoria did happen to pop up, ex. the Men we Love shoot or whatever the hell that was called, when JT briefly reminisced about being a bad boy as people oohed and ahhed at his picture with Reed. There were bits of frustration with his current domesticated state. As MAB does, she just drops it and never brings it up until someone miraculously makes a decision (i.e. Neil leaving Newman), but there are traces of characters being discontent with their situations.

I don't know how Chloe and JT would come together, (I'd much rather see REAL Colleen and JT back together) but I think it'd work.

• Members
I may be heartwrenching but, Chloe made this bed so it was extremely important that she lay in it for a while and to realize that "baby doesn't always make three". NOW that she's been there and done that, ITA that it's time for her to move on.

I want Chloe to re-do her agenda and to get back on her broom and ride, and if Victoria is the collateral damage this time--- well so be it because she(Victoria) needs more drama in her life.

• Members

I remember that well. I don't think it is "dropped". I thought of it as a "seed planted". But it is definitely growing slowly :).

I think we're supposed to have a bad feeling. But in the end, I think MJ loves/wants children...and this will be her theme. I doubt she'd harm a child. Just like she can't harm a brother (?).

Now, that said, I'm uncertain, given that she doesn't seem to realize that she KILLED her kitty-cat :D .

:lol: Don't we have enough witches right now? But, yes, Chloe is fine when she's up to no good. But I think she's being slated for the "little girl who grew up, still with an attitude" treatment. With her daughter, I think they're going to keep her away from major bad for the time being. Just my intuition...

• Members

I also loved that Noah will seek emancipation. I can't wait to see Victor's face when he hears about this.

I like how MJ's being set-up as a wild cat. I hope her schemes don't kill anyone :lol: Anyone excluding Cane, Jeffrey, Gloria, Jana, and Kevin, in that order, of course.

• Members

Episode talk. Just a terrific little episode, with some character moments. Mostly very strong, just a few little annoyances.

What I liked:

1. I'm surprised how LITTLE they used Jeff and Gloria. But it is a laugh riot that even in their plot to bring down TGVN, they are totally inept. "High-priced hooker?" Try again.

2. Michael. So briefly there, but he's Phyllis' defender. SO COOL to see him have Phyl's back!

3. Bravo to Phyllis for her strength with the awful Nick.

4. Chloe teasing Billy that she would reveal to Mac that he slept with Sharon! I love that twisting in the wind moment.

5. Cool that Sharon dreams of her "popcorn moment" with Jack and Nick dreams of Summer and Phyllis. "Shick reunion" my *ss! When they felt the "baby kick", my stomach turned. And since it happened the day after Ashley felt her "baby" kick, it is a reminder that these two pregnancies are in sync. Hmmmmmmmm.

6. Chloe!

7. Noah! He said what the audience was thinking. They have to be careful he doesn't come across as sanctimonious, though.

8. Mac! The episode writers (who?) really put some effort into bringing some light and joy to Mac. She even talked about being too serious for too long. All the "bottle play" was a nice attempt to enliven her.

9. I did love Mary Jane's line to Summer:

What nagged at me:

1. Mac had a couple of "out of the blue" lines for me. Why? What motivated this all of a sudden?

Where did that come from?

2. Why didn't they show Sharon telling Jack she was moving out? Or did I miss that. It seems like a powerful scene to have written off screen. I can't believe it happened and I didn't see it.

3. Nick the PR!CK #1. Going over to Phyllis' and rubbing her nose in it. Trying to buy his absolution.

I loved her comeback to him though:

But this dialogue was the BEST:

4. Nick the PR!CK #2. What on EARTH is he doing rubbing Jack's nose in it...going to the "Black Rabbit's" mansion. (great line!) Whispering sweet nothings in her ear there??? Ugh.

5. Jack, using Mary Jane THAT way. I wanna shoot him myself. Well, now that I think of it...maybe Patty Jane will do it for me.

6. What was the point of the Chloe-memorabilia scenes? Just to show her what she is working against? Or to remind the audience of the high school years?

Previews

1. Jack starts talking to Phyllis about Patty! Yeah!

2. Mac-Billy SEX? Really? Or is it coitus interruptus. Because they've never gone there together before....

ETA: It was bar closing time. (So...1 am? 2 am? 3 am?). But Jack was visiting MJ, Nick and Sharon were moving out, Noah went to GCAC, and MJ paid a social call to Phyllis. Time was off.

Archived