Y&R: Week of June 8, 2009

• Members

I think the biggest problem with Adam being this character is his main enemy is supposed to be Victor, who can never lose. So instead he focuses his rage on Ashley, who is this helpless victim, and instead of viewers enjoying his villainy, some fans end up confused by his motivations, they're bothered by the very vile way he's degrading her. I think this distracts from what Adam could have been as a villain.

Isn't this what happened when she was with the young guy 10 years ago? The computer guy?

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know, I think fans have gotten over equally slimey things before. This is probably the equivalent of Todd giving Blair a can of dirt and telling her it was her "dead" baby on OLTL.

I agree. He obviously didn't intend for it to go as far as it did, he seemed genuinely shocked and scared when she fell down the steps. Now though I think he is more about covering his own ass than anything else. Initially it was his thirst for revenge, but now that something has happened that he didn't intend to, he's all about saving his behind moreso than continuing the revenge scheme I believe.

• Members

I think it depends on how the show feels about the character. On GH, many fans got over Ric putting Carly in the panic room and drugging Liz during their marriage, but GH wanted people to hate Ric, so he kept on doing awful things (like screwing his next wife's daughter and then trying to take their child away while she was battling cancer). Even then, many fans were still on his side, but GH still wanted people to hate him and see him as being worse than Sonny. So finally they just started cutting his part down and Rick Hearst left before they could go for the final kill.

If they want Adam to be a character in his own right then they may try to go along with redeeming him, but if they just want him to be a foil for Victor, then he's going to have to get worse and worse and then be written out, otherwise he won't fit their plans.

• Members

YES!

Yeah, Jill and Sean Bridges was a temporary diversion...no long term impact. It also didn't help that, IMO, the recast was much less interesting than the original portrayer.

I disagree strongly. Ji Min was played by a strong actor, and I would have liked to have seen him developed. But I never bought for a second the sexual chemistry or romance between Jill and JiMin.

• Members

Ed was WRONG! I'll admit that David Lee Russek looked more the "geek" (which was supposedly, I guess, a conception of the role)...but Christoper Douglas brought the sexy. I haven't been totally impressed by Douglas on OLTL or Passions, but on Y&R he played this laid back and sexy dude...a perfect counterpart to JW's high strung Jill.

Regardless, I don't miss the character at all.

Archived