Y&R: Week of June 8, 2009

• Members

You know, I would actually care had we seen Noah interacting with his parents more frequently over the course of this pathetic storyline. That's a problem with this show, they give you some hints, and then they drop things and bring them up too late. Horrible pacing issue and horrible use of the character of Noah.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Noah is another plot point. He's not hte moral voice as they are trying to push he's the conflict when convenient and the reason when convenient I can't feel for his frustration because I don't get the equal love, hurt and appreciation inbetween. He's a puppet within the story

• Members

The problem is, I think, that he is not under contract. Thus we see him sporadically. In my opinion, Noah has earned his stripes, and deserves to be front-burner. I think the barrier is the over-stuffed canvas, which I would definitely like them to deal with.

• Members

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's laughable now when Nick attempts to play the domineering, "Don't you dare say that to your mother!" part.

The directors should so be tongue-and-cheek in those scenes and zoom into Kevin's face as he breaks the fourth wall, looks right into the camera and says with a smirk, "You want me to slap him upside his head, don't you!!"

• Members

Are you saying they don't want us to feel sorry for them? I honestly can't figure out where they are going with this. I wonder if Victor telling Nick that recapturing the past doesn't always lead to happiness is a clue? It seems like Victor was playing the role of truthteller in that scene, but it's hard for me to accept that's the direction we are headed after everything.

• Members

Exactly.

MAB is a solid if imperfect HW & you're not gonna get much better than her without a massive paradigm shift in Daytime.

The darkness of her Y&R isn't really the problem it's the lack of business & strong women.

Maria HAS to fix that.

• Members

I think they want viewers to see Nick and Sharon as facing difficult choices and wanting what is best, even if Sharon and Nick break up again soon. It's supposed to be about the journey. I don't know if they realized how many viewers were going to be so put off by the whoring around from all parties involved that it dilluted some of the sympathy viewers had for Sharon and for Nick. A way of getting some back is to have Noah lash out at them. They've done this with Sharon several times. They may think no matter how viewers feel about a female character, they will still feel sorry for her if her son rips her to shreds.

Archived