Y&R: Week of June 8, 2009

• Members

Eh. No.

I watch everyday, and I see the same problems everyday, so of course I'm going to keep bringing them up. The show is too much of a habit in my daily life to break, even when it's dreadfully bad, like it is now, IMO.

Is it wrong that some of us simply don't like the direction that this show is taking? We still watch and this IS the discussion thread. When I tried to keep things on topic months ago, I was fed something about daily episodes having the power to branch off to other topics and about other areas of the show and that I should accept that, and I have. So just because I'm too "negative" I should stop posting here and my opinion about the current state of the show is not valid?

Well, I don't care, this is the discussion thread, and I will continue to post how I feel about the show, regardless of what anyone thinks.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

See that's why I start a "What's wrong with ATWT" threads a lot so it wont get mangled with the daily discussion. I think there should be one for Y&R. Have you considered writing to the mags..to CBS. Believe me I have done that before and my thoughts were printed in the SOW. Maybe then someone important will read it and might do some changes. Just a thought.

• Members

Maybe we can have a Y&R Backstage/Managment/Production thread where you and the folks who like to discuss those things could talk and those of us who just like to talk about the storylines, characters and daily happenings can use this thread? Would that be cool?

I like you Alvin, you know that - I don't want your voice to be diminished at all. I just think the majority of folks like to discuss what's going on with the show, not just backstage stuff.

• Members

My posts are more than just backstage/management stuff though. I also talk a lot about the creative driection of the show, scenes in epsiodes, and the overall tone of the show. I just happen to not enjoy at all right now, that's all.

Maybe we should also have a speculation thread too for those of you who like to discuss that, since it has nothing to do with the daily episodes?

• Members

Oh please, you're the most negative one in those ATWT discussion threads, try again. You might start other threads, but your posts in the ATWT discussion thread always takes swipes at Goutman and "Pissy."

What good will the mags do? It's not like none of my posts don't pertain to the episodes.

• Members

LOL...well I will just stop posting here too. There's no point in all this. It seems only certain posters have the right to post here. What about others..like brimike?? He has ever right to post here. I only see a few coming to his defense. That's why I didnt post here too much negativity. I will just watch the show and enjoy it without posting here. I will stick to my ATWT thread and others.

The difference is the posters who post there agree with me. Y&R is a totally different animal. I am gone!

• Members

I wonder if there just isn't very much to talk about on the show at the moment. The characters go around in circles and so do the stories. I'm sure there will be more discussion about the show when more stories push ahead, like when Nina, Katherine, and Jill learn about "Langley".

• Members

Oh good lord opinions are like a**holes everyone has one and is entitled to it, this thread would be pretty boring if everyone was all roses and sunshine when it comes to Y&R. I like reading the different opinions, viewpoints and etc. and haven't had a problem reading them until today when it became personal yet again.

Archived