Y&R: Week of June 8, 2009

• Members

I know Michael abandoned them. That has been his motivation for cleaning up after Kevin and Gloria for years. Again though, the abandonment is not my big issue with bringing Philip III back from the dead after two decades.

I never liked Cane being the actual Philip III and how LML tried to minimize Philip III, Nina and Philip IV in the Chancellor family. I think that all should have been fixed. I just don't see the big need to have changed such a pivotal moment as Philip III's death just to do so and because MAB likes Thom Bierdz. Nobody was expecting or asking for Philip III to be brought back from the dead. Maybe it will be a great story, but it will take great writing to sell it.

Welcome phamie. I just started posting a short time ago also after lurking for some time.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They have been playing Michael's guilt for five years now. It made sense to expain so much about Michael, but frankly I am tired of Michael's guilt being played as the reason he continuously is compelled to cover for Kevin and Gloria to the point that he risks his own family.

• Members

I agree. And Michael has done nothing but make amends to Kevin and Gloria for years. Not so much with Philip III. I wonder how they will rationalize him not being a part of his son's life. I hope once they get past the joy of his return, we will see anger and resentment from those he left also.

• Members

Yes, MAB likes Thom... but that's not the primary reason for what she's done. She did this mainly because Bill Bell stated many times that killing off Phillip III was his greatest regret in the entire history of the show. I never ASKED for him to be brought back from the dead, becuase I dared not DREAM it would happen. It was something I and many fans LOVE and are EXTREMELY excited about... we just always thought it was a pipe dream, so we never tried to lobby for it. And I agree... it's going to take some good writing to sell it. But it's also going to take some MAJOR acting to sell it, too... and Bierdz/Cooper/Walton/Cast can sell turds to the tidybowl man, make no mistake.

• Members

So I just watched earlier...

I want to like Billy merely because of BM, and the writers are making that very difficult especially after today..At least EH rocked it today..Her line delivery sort of reminds me of MS, the character in general has shades of Phyliss.

I say this everytime I post, but who cares...I love MJ. She's batshit crazy but I love it. My favorite psycho from recent memory hands down. SH has brought her A-game.

I wish I could care that Victoria's in the hospital again but I don't.

• Members

Pharmie, welcome to the board... and don't be shy or afraid. I know we cna get vicious at times, but it's more like sisters bitching at each other, at least for me, I love spirited discussion and I suppose I'm a frustrated debater, as I love to argue my position and opinions. I actually LOVE the dark lighting on Y&R, I guess for me, it lends a sense of "elegance". The original producer John Conboy, was the one who started it, he felt that if the background sets were darkly lit, it would focus more attention on the the actors' faces, and the viewer would be able to be more emotionally "sucked in" to the story. I love the details... the actors, the production, the background music, I just enjoy it all. For me, at least... it doens't cut down on my enjoyment of the show at all... SPOILERS on the other hand... I feel are daytime's biggest enemy.

Archived