Y&R: Week of June 8, 2009

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes!!! Please end it end it now. These are 4 of my favs for individual reasons or should I say were; I am not enjoying the characters or the stories anymore. Phyllis have a glimmer of hope out of all for me but I swear if she's being pulled back in instead of slowly let out I'm done at that rate the only character I'll still love enough to stay for are Kay/Ninma/Chloe and Billy and I don't have that much faith in where things are headed with those people

• Members

right now Phyllis is the only saving grace to this storyline!! Phyllis getting her grove back and getting in Nick's face is golden!!

I only wish Sharon could overhear Nick professing his love to Phyllis, but then again, Sharon is settling for a piece of Nick's heart.

• Members

I don't need Adam redeemed. He's doing awful things and I like it, and the character a lot. Just like on OLTL I don't need Todd redeemed. In fact I find most redemption stories to be coma-inducing and usually make me hate a character moreso than like them.

I'm just not a fan of the "good" guys on Soaps. They bore me to tears.

• Members

No one here asks for sappy, cr*ppy, over-emotional, shallow-musings-about-life redemption tale. Nor a Bildungsroman-like one.

People ask for... Well, realistic. Not real. Realistic stories. Meaning, sellable to audience, not asking for too much suspension of disbelief. Making someone this much evil... Well, you can only kill him or send him in an asylum for life. In the end.

That's bad, external factors-induced drama when you have to use a wacko to cause conflict.

• Members

Which Todd? The original Todd was a serial rapist who also tried to terrorize and rape a blind woman. He would have been gone if not for the efforts at redemption, because his original purpose, like Adam now, was just to terrorize women.

The current Todd, I believe the actor sees him as some type of romantic hero, as the Tarty story as a love story, and I'm also not sure if OLTL sees Todd as a bad person. So in their eyes, he doesn't have to be redeemed.

• Members

Same here, Antoyne.

Thank you. I know you were just speaking for yourself, but this is exactly how I feel, too!

Perhaps we should move to daily Y&R threads instead of this giant weekly behometh, which is like wading through an enormous bowl of sticky pasta.

As for the Pro vs Con stuff, how about we all just GET OVER OUR DAMN SELVES and chill the [!@#$%^&*] out. No need to treat somebody as stupid just because they have a different opinion from you.

• Members

I'm burned out on this back and forth of partner swapping; I'm done with it! Jack groveling over Sharon, where'd he leave his balls at? What man would let a woman walk all over them in that manner? I don't care how much in love with them you are!! I don't feel sorry for any of them at all.

As far as Noah lashing out at Sharon, she's the one that's closest to him therefore she would be the one that he's angry at since that's what teenagers do best! I agree though, Nick is the one that deserves it.

Chloe finally standing up for herself was overdue!

I want so bad for Nina to take Cane down but I fear it will only lead to further Cane propping.

Mary Jane is a psycho and if Paul weren't involved with this finally, I honestly don't know what I'd find so riveting in this storyline even though SH is doing great. I think it's because they've only shown her in bits and pieces here and there and it's just now really gaining strength. They left this storyline alone for too long although I'm still intrigued albeit thanks to Cashton and his wonderful thoughts.

As for the Adam/Ashley storyline, I'm not really liking it but Engen has sold me and color me stupid, but I'm actually feeling sorry for Adam and understanding where he is coming from. I've seen the subtle looks on Engen's face here and there and he's the one that's intrigued me since I don't feel like Eileen is selling it to me.

• Members

Actually it was the opposite: Alden wanted the geeky David Lee Russek. Scott was all about Douglas from the get-go.

Count me in as someone who was sorry to see Ji Min go. He could be the new Victor. Sure, he started off as a weak guy (Jack's puppet), but he could have been developed nicely.

• Members

I'd be in support of daily threads. I'd also be in support of making the MAIN focus "episode talk". Personally, I think a second "meta" thread about the show that was always there (kind of like Writers and Directors)--maybe even pinned--could offload some of the other stuff from episode talk.

How could we move forward on this? Maybe take a poll on both issues, and present the results to Toups/Errol?

• Members

Toups has said repeatedly that there won't be a daily Y&R thread. I don't think it'll happen even if we vote.

I loved how Mac was trying to flip the liquor bottle and Billy tried to help. That was cute.

And finally, there's chemistry between Miller and Ford. Woo hoo!

• Members

Yeah, I've seen a few sparks of chemistry between Miller & Clem this week and then she (Mac) backs away. How great was it that Chloe was reading Mac's book of memories while at the same time Billy and Mac were bonding.

• Members

Oh, I never heard that.

Okay, but what's the point? Why show the chemistry? Is Mac really going to come between Chloe and Billy? I don't see it...

I want Mac free...ideally to act as a spoiler with either Kevin or JT.

• Members

OMG, Mac and Billy sexing up Cane's bar?!? Raul at the other side of the door? Jesus.

I'm actually glad that Nick and Sharon aren't enjoying their reconciliation as much as they should. The show would be hella boring if they were another Lane. The more people who don't want them together, the better, because they do belong together in the end.

That was really lame how Phyllis had to go to the office to fix the photo shoot dilemma. It's the 21st century. Work can be done at home, especially if you have ot drive all the way into town. Jeez, can you attempt to create better obstacles, people?

Archived