Y&R: Week of June 8, 2009

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

While that scene is nice as a stand alone, it just falls flat in the context of this storyline for me. Had we seen Noah interacting more frequently with his parents, I would care much more. Noah's point of view should be a major part of this storyline, but it's only brought out here and there and not considered a top priority. I get that the actor is recurring, but they haven't been using his appearances to their advantage much.

• Members

You just have to shake your head as Mac being written a ho. We're supposed to be over the moon that P3 is back from the dead (I am glad) but we're supposed to forget that Mac used to be Miss Morality? Either history counts or it doesn't. You can't have it both ways.

• Members

Putting Billy-Mac and their "destiny-westiny" in the same episode as the VILE VILE VILE Nick-Sharon...too much. I do hope that Mac/Billy are able to avert the same selfish LOATHESOME path.

That's what I mean. WHY the sudden switch?

But she ain't a ho yet! Let's hope, come Monday, even if the fates intervene, she's still not a ho!

• Members

I know. I always liked that Mac was different. She doesn't just step on someone else's back to get what she wants. We have enough characters who do that. Are we really supposed to believe Mac would betray Raul like this? No way. Mac would have told him the truth and broken up with him first and she would insist Billy do the same with Chloe. Mac is (was?) a character with self respect. If they change that I'm going to be pissed.

• Members

Word! Closer than Mac should ever get, but still, saved by fate!!

I can almost see how Mac would wake up one day and decide life is passing her by. She's always been the good one, always repressed what she wants to do the right thing. This is her chance to grab what she wants. I could be ok with that, although I would have rather seen Mac written as herself for several more months first. But even if all of that is the case, she would have gone for Billy, but told Raul the truth first, not cheated.

• Members

It was a good epi overall.

Loved Chloe not totally losing herself even over Billy.

I stomached Nick and Sharon today as characters. Seriously who's in charge of Nick's clothing? He's a step away from being Victor out of work clothes

I'm afraid to love Phyllis now because I know they'll just ruin it by having her fall back at TGNN feet (it doesn't even feel right to type that). One thing I will say though that line that she said about weak women and Nick loving them applied to her at least a bit. She was weak for him and of course Nick loved it.

Liked Mac today. She was ok.

I must say of all the disrespect Noah has showed his parents I couldn't even disagree with him today. Why would they ever tell him they don't know if Nick is the baby's father did they think he would be thrilled at his mama's wtd? What kid ever is? Anyway they have made Nick and Sharon so pathetic of course one has to sympathize with theirspawn at this point

Well one thing I am looking forward to interestingly enough is a MJ/Phyllis face off

EH rocks, loved her today

• Members

I think this is another type of story Hogan tried at ATWT with Jennifer Munson, the good girl gone hot type of story. I think this story is supposed to be hot, we're supposed to enjoy seeing her decide to let loose. Since Raul is a plot device in this story (did they ever even have any flashbacks of his time with Mac in Darfur), we may not be expected to care about her potentially cheating on him. Then if she doesn't actually cheat on him, then that may be used as a sign that she's still good underneath.

This might work more for me if Mac had been established on this return as anything other than Billy's obsession, or if Billy and Mac had more chemistry, or if Billy wasn't already bogged down by so much else.

Does Nick know about Victoria? Then again, you can't tell much difference between this Victoria before or after a head injury.

Archived