Y&R: Week of April 13, 2009

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's a fair statement, but truly it wasn't always thus. I always believed "Shick" was the end game, and Phick was a charming interlude. Always. Although I have my reservations, I always thought "Phack" was the other end game.

But the deplorable -- deplorable -- way in which Nick has conducted himself since coming home from that first snowbound sex..."I'm in love with two chicks" or whatever...has soured me. And today, when those two imbeciles said "I don't feel guilty", it was the last straw! For Nick to then come home and judge his teenage son, when he'd just had impulse-sex WITHOUT PROTECTION...

... I have no more words.

I am just profoundly disappointed in these two soap characters. I guess that's good writing, but I'm kind of irritated that two characters whom I liked so much are making such awful choices.

• Members

That's the one I thing I do find really disturbing about this set-up. Both good-disturbing and bad-disturbing. There's really no happy ending here. At all. Shick gets back together, and Nick pretty much loses... well... everything. He'll have Sharon, but everybody in the freakin' town will hate his guts and think he's slime. And if Phick gets back together, Sharon's likely to either end up with Kevin in a straitjacket or a splat on the pavement. :lol: I don't know if there is a way to find a happy ending at the other end of this.

• Members

Why will they hate Nick's guts? Most people didn't raise an eyebrow when Nick left his wife and young son mere months after Cassie died so why would they hate his guts for dumping Phyllis? Most people barely tolerate Phyllis. The only ones I see as being upset for Phyllis would be Daniel, Michael, and Lauren to some extent.

I do agree though that there is no happy ending, unless both women dump Nick.

• Members

Nick and Sharon were always going to be the end game as far as I've seen it.

If Phyllis finally finds a man that loves and respects her for who she is, she'll be able to move on and let go of Nick, which would be for the best. I've never liked Phyllis in the Shick orbit anyway.

That's what I think Phyllis and Michelle Stafford needs - a dynamite actor playing a shady man that slowly begins to fall for Phyllis, and Phyllis falls for him too. She can initially be caught up in revenge, but eventually falls for someone else who loves her. That's why I love BadZoe's suggestion about brining back Rick Hearst to play a Matt Clark look-like that Phyllis would bring to town. They can start off professional and demented, but eventually fall in love or something, just as long as they aren't cartooney.

Phyllis NEVER worked with Nick for me, and I hated her personality change when she was paired with him.

• Members

Not wanting to ruffle any feathers.... but if the audience can't do that.... they shouldn't be watching soap operas. I believe in getting invested in these shows and the characters and yes the actors that portray them. But, if you can't separate fiction from reality.... turn off the t.v!

• Members

So much word! From day one I NEVER saw any chemistry between Phyllis and NIck. It felt forced and unatural.... and Phyllis was seriously sacrificed as a result. I think the last great Phyllis scene was when Jack confronted her and thus began basically three years of Stepford Phyllis.... and lazy Michelle Stafford.

It is so nice to see both gone now.

• Members

I don't see there truly being and end game with Phick/Shick. I realize there are quite a few posters who have not enjoyed MS's work while being paired with JM. But, at the beginning of Phick and up until LML started writing them like a soap opera married couple, they were great, crackling fun. The writers are probably going to write both couples into the ground before giving the partners a break and starting up again all over again. This triangel is GOLD. There is no way they will stop writing story beats for all three of these characters.

In last weeks soap magazines, there were a couple of comments that caught my eye. For one, there was a lot of talk abou the Phick love. JM went on and on, rather randomly, about how much Nick was in love with Phyllis. He referred to Sharon as "unfinished business". WTF? It felt like they were starting to back off of the nastyness of this story and redeem Nick. It was also mentioned that Nick would probably forgive Phyllis because he will know that he caused her meltdown. Huh? Phyllis calls Sharon a thousand names and, even if she was right, he is going to start thinking clearly NOW that Phyllis has set Sharon up for an arrest? The preview was just weird and got me thinking that there was a big step in another direction coming up very soon.--and it wasn't a Phick divorce or Shick reunion.

Sharon and Nick are written with more care and gentleness but certainly less maturity. I enjoyed their more evolved selves better than the inmature versions on my screen now. I would be willing to bet that Nick is going to have to watch

Archived