Y&R: Week of April 13, 2009

• Members

Nick should [!@#$%^&*] off and go play with himself. JM is such a s h i t t y actor. MS was on again today but JM was no help at all. The kevin story is just beyond ridiculous and more f u c k i ng Kevin screaming...UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nick was NOT over Cassie when the affair started. He had closed off, gone on a cross-country chase for Daniel, buried evidence that would have exonerated Daniel. Seven months is NOTHING when it comes to the death of a child. Thus, the point stands: Cassie had JUST died. It was a mere twinkling of an instant in the heart of a grieving father.

To this day, Nick grieves. As Phyllis so succinctly pointed out today, Nick's grief continues to drive his actions, even now.

• Members

Oh no - I meant in the hallways. They could see Phyllis posing as a maid entering Sharon's room. If Sharon wasn't so bat-sh*t crazy and confessed, she could have totally gone along with Jack's plan of saying the stolen items were planted - BY PHYLLIS. Not true of course, but nobody does CYA better than Jack Abbott!

• Members

Seven months is not a long time at all to grieve a dying child. Nick was still vulnerable, and his marriage was still haunted by that loss, and the impact lingers on to this day.

Nick and Phyllis never had any emotional dept to their relationship, it was all just hot sex and distraction, IMO.

• Members

Nick was perfect..seriously. Not playin' with ya.

He tried to be sensitive, but could find the words. He's torn...literally...unsure where to turn. "He loves two chicks"...that's the essential throughline for Nick.

Haven't you ever been torn? Utterly trapped on the horns of a dilemma? It causes a kind of paralysis...and that's a part of what we're seeing in Nick. He's guarded, unsure of what is the right thing to do.

I do not see a single morsel of evidence that he was s h * t t y. What I see is that he is giving a restrained performance. It is so easy to under-credit that. I'd much rather see this than Nick crying or howling or grimacing. Morrow's come a long way to be able to play the quiet shame of these moments.

• Members

OMG. Did you not watch those flashbacks recently where college-Nick was professin' love to Sharin', and then showing her their house, and so forth.

Goofy, moony grin. Sappy. No basis in the reality of how a man would do that.

This is in contrast to what we see now. He's not doing "soap cute"...he's doing real.

I COMPLETELY disagree that "anyone" can play quiet shame. I defy you to find a single actor on DOOL or B&B or (outside of TSJ) OLTL who can do that. (I mean, sure, you can probably find 1-2 on each show, but you know what I mean...). JM is head and shoulders above most of his daytime peers.

• Members

MarkH - the way i see Noah and Eden fitting in is perfect irony. These kids' two familes are an absolute mess. Yet here we have two sort-of mature teens having a loving, responsible relationship while Sharon/Nick/Phyllis are having the most immature, destructive, irresponsible relationship in town. Throw in the fact that Eden's brother (who's really sort of like her father-figure now) is mostly absent because of all the troubles his family members are in and you kind of get a cool irony of the kid's are alright - the parents are NOT!

By thw way - I love seeing Jana and Michael together. And what is up with those headaches! i'm surpised no one has said - holy crap that 1% of tumor left might be growing and Jana might go crazy and kill people again.

• Members

I didn't say he was over her death, but it had been many months since she died. Often these posts read like Phyllis was sniffing around him right after they put her in the ground. Phyllis and Nick came full circle with their own relationship in that time. He worked harder on closure with Daniel and Phyllis than he did with Sharon.

• Members

She was over-the-top but it worked for me for the character at the time although, I must admit, after that, I couldn't stand Dru.

Damnit, don't be such a tease, do tell!!!! And is he better looking in person!?

It was painful and was the chimunk's voice Adrienne Frantz?

• Members

I had no idea that Christmas would come this early for me this year...but whoever is penning this Shick SATIRE and making their DIRT RISE TO THE TOP, I would like to say BRAVO and you have to take a bow!! I did not think the show had the gumption to write this but boy was I ever wrong!!

And Michelle Stafford is just PHENOMENAL :wub: ...and Joshua played a man absolutely confused and captured Phyllis's anger, hurt and pain entirely with his eyes and his flinches. He was great!! The writers needn't have given him any words for me to see it all..oh wait a second, they didn't!! :lol:

Archived