Y&R: Week of April 13, 2009

• Members

Exactly. That's a storyline that they have written for every woman on the show. They do it when they run out of ideas. Yet, they couldn't pull it off with AB in the role. IMO

About Kruger: she was a non-entity. No screen presence whatsoever. Extra blah-nd. That's why no one even cares to mention her name.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree but I can't help but wonder what Kimsey would have done with it, let's face it, Kimsey couldn't have been any worse than Heinle is. It's too bad that B&B and Y&R just won't give us the REAL Victoria Newman back!

• Members

Here's a speculation from over at Usenet (Record Hunter):

Do you think Mac looks the way she does (e.g., bags under eyes) because she's picked up some disease in Africa?

That is what they did on ER when they brough Noah Wyle back this season (Dr. Carter had also spent time in Africa). He looked like sh!t...and then at the end of his debut episode it was revealed he was on dialysis.

Do you think Mac is sick?

• Members

I didn't mind Kimsey, but I remember her romance with JT went over like a lead balloon. They were a bore. She had better chemitry with Greg Rikkhart than Thad Luckinbill. Actually I liked her chemistry with all the Baldwin Fishers. I think the funniest scene she did was when Terrible Tom was veiling threatening her when she was alone at the coffeehouse and Lauren stormed in and started yelling at Tom and standing in from on Mac to protect her. Mac was pretty healthy girl (in shape) and had to be close to 6 ft and towered over petite Lauren.

I also don't think she was very experienced and believe she was a former stuntwoman. I don't think she would have fit as Victoria either. She had kind of a light, happy presence. She should have been a totally different character.

• Members

Yeah, it wasn't Kimsey's fault the writing really sucked for the character of Mac. I have only ever enjoyed Mac when played by Bashioum. To some she is overrated, but to me she is Mac. I really enjoyed the building friendship of Mac and Kevin when Ashley was still in the role. When Rachel came in and a total 180 was done on the character, all that progress was ruined.

One of Lynn Marie Latham's first move was phasing Mac out (which at the time I commended her for)

I think Kimsey could have so benefited from playing a new character. I remember she was VERY good when FauxMac miscarried.

Mac I do believe is strongly needed on the canvas now... due to the unresolved issues with Billy. I am still very much on the fence regarding Ford though. She just does not really have much of a screen presence.... its a very.... low key performance. I am not sure if I like it, hate it or am just plain indifferent to it. Indifference is what scares me, because that is the worst possible option! I just see Liz Hendrickson, then see Ford and its just wow no contest. This is going to be a very weak triangle if they go full force. I fear Ford will just get lost in most scenes and run away and hide.

• Members

Honestly. i dont know, nor do i care. When i tune into Y&R and see... that... i tune out.

Days? Id love it. B&B? Id accept it. Y&R? No.

Yup. It came down to her and AH i think.

Tells you that this is exactly what they wanted for Victoria.

I know.

Whats to say HT wants to replay Victoria?

Y&R just needs new people behidn the scenes.

5o9wcm.jpg

I agree asbout Kimsey.

I disagree about Ford. I am loving the low key approach. Mac hasnt been much of anything since she came back. She hasnt had any really good meaty dramatic scenes that are powerful. Just some heartfelt talks and longing looks, IMHO, and CF has played it well.

• Members

I know how many people here hate Cane, I'm not a fan myself, but his scenes with Chloe yesterday reminded me of what could have been if they'd ever had a proper relationship. Imagine a story where they fell in love while she was, unknown to him, carrying his brother's child.

Instead, he's stuck with Lily (who is more interesting without him), and Chloe is playing the heavy with Billy, a relationship which lacks chemistry, has a man who is already spread too thin, and is being thrown over for his relationship with Mac.

Archived