Y&R: Week of April 13, 2009

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There is no turning back...Neil is now officially in 'Scumbag Hall of Fame'.

There are no words...

If Clementine calls in sick,Cybill can fill in...What's with that middle aged hairdo in Friday's ep?

Chloe is patterning herself on Phyllis..needless provoking of her perceived 'enemy'

Please write these characters as a little more savvy!

• Members

You're right. Kimsey was a good actress and I enjoyed her: she was fun. But she was not Mac at all. Ford is very well for the moment I think. She is closer to what I think Mac should be that Kimsey would have ever been (not her fault, just the writing).

• Members

Rachel Kimsey was not Mac. She was everything the character was not supposed to be. It is true that Mac is often moody and uncomfortable. But at least she has a personality. Not everyone on the show needs to be either a conniving bitch or an ingenue. Strangely, I'm happy that she's back. And quite frankly, I'm totally hooked on her triangle with Billy and Chloe. I think I haven't been that interested in a triangle in a long time. The actors and the writing are doing it for me.

Jill's newly found hatred towards Katherine is extremely plot-driven (and I know it is an overused phrase here LOL, but it's true). It's the very reason I was against this re-writing from the get-go. I could see why Jill was pushing over and over Katherine a few weeks ago, at B&C's wedding. I've done that too in my life. You push someone you love, to put his/her love for you to test. If they snap back at you, than you accuse them of not loving you. It's a twisted mechanism, but I can buy it. The thing is -- Murphy almost talked Jill into giving Katherine another chance the other day, but she had a change of heart once she saw the new RS cover. She felt insulted by the headline, but it was a misunderstanding, obviously. Punchline: can you really build a feud on a sequence of misunderstandings? No, you can't. I can only buy their newly found feud if one of them admits to having hoped they weren't related in the past. But that would probably sound too politically incorrect of them.

I'm loathing this Chipmunk crap. It's so campy it's not even funny. And it has written Hogan Sheffer all over it. I hate it.

• Members

It's such a shame that all of the Winters and everyone in their circle are so vanilla. It would've been nice if one of them did something underhanded for once and for an utterly selfish reason. Even Neil doesn't seem like that much of a jerk because his attraction to Tyra is completely fabricated.

• Members

People always talk about Kimsey when references when Mac was recasted, but no one EVER mentions Kelly Kruger. Heck I forgot she was even recasted in the role until I looked up info on Mac last night. What did people think of her. Was she better or worse than Kimsey?

Its almost how I feel as well

• Members

Yes: Kimsey was a good actress, but she needed to play a perky, happy romantic character -- not Mac.

Yes: Kelly Kruger was a scowling, emotionally limited Mac. She had no range. Sadly, her Mac was a disaster.

No: AshBash did the scowling young girl just fine. She was not a seasoned actress, but I bought her "gradual thawing" of a defended, frozen runaway.

• Members

I liked that Kimsey had some chemistry with Greg R's Kevin. I agree though she was miscast. I'm undecided on whether she could act, bc I was mostly distracted by the fact she was playing a much different Mac than what we had seen before.

What someone isn't liking the chipmunk mess?

Reminds me of when Hogan's stint on DAYS where he had Andre dress up as a clown and taunt Sami. It's both twisted and quite campy. I could probably accept it without the weird camera angles and the annoying voice. I mean if Stephen King is able to make animal costumes creepy in The Shinning why can't Y&R? The show should just understand that less is better when it comes to those scenes.

• Members

That's funny, because I had the opposite reaction - the weird camera angles and atmospheric changes are what's keeping me interested. Makes the whole chipmunk thing symbolic of the much bigger issue with Kevin's psyche - and what the chipmunk represents, so it's not just about Kevin haunted by a big chipmunk mascot.

Archived