Y&R: Week of April 13, 2009

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nothing much happened on Thurs.

Clementine is playing Mac very one note at the moment.Hopefully she will improve.

The Neil/Tyra/Karen story gets worse by the day.It doesn't make sense.I feel sorry for the actors trying to make it work.I don't have the Eva hate of others,but today she was just staring vacantly and reciting her lines.

Jill/Kay had another confrontation.It wasn't explained who packed up her bags at Chancellor.Katherine needs to go to Billy and Cane and get them on side.

The dreaded chipmunk made another appearance.

The bookstore has become another (contrived)meeting place.Why don't they make it a cafe as well,so there would be a more logical reason for people to be there and not always at Crimson Lights.

• Members

Very disappointed in her scene with Kevin. She explains to Michael at Crimson Light that she couldn't get emotionally attached to anyone at Darfur because it was against the rules. How does she see her friend now and, not only remember all of her suppressed heartache as she watches yet another human being suffer, but exhibit just a fraction of despair as she watches her friend's mental breakdown?

Has she been dehumanized by Darfur? That would explain her behavior since returning. I mean, she sees her supposedly dead grandmother come back to life, discovers that the love-of-her-life is not really her cousin, witnesses him getting married, and now sees her close friend Kevin in the hospital without shedding a tear, jumping for joy, cursing in disgust?

If this is in fact why she's behaved this way, I'd like it to become a focal point for a storyline because right now, it's a complete drag, just like watching Kimsey.

And I really hate the way Christel speaks. Even if she's repentant or pitying or supportive, she sounds like she's whining and completely indifferent. It's getting on my last nerve.

• Members

See, I like it. She's haunted and exhausted, that's what I'm picking up. She's also guarded/defended thanks to Billy. But I just felt love and compassion for Kevin. It just oozed out of her (it helps that the actress and Greg Rikaart are close friends in real life).

I feel like we're rushing (mercifully) headlong into wrap-up. I also fear we'll be stuck with that blasted Tyra. I'm hoping they pull a DOOL, and Tyra slowly fades into the background, never seen, like Patch & Kayla.

Honestly, I get that Jill is hurt...but what is happening now MAKES NO SENSE.

Three times Kay has said "I still love you", and three times Jill has repudiated it and disbelieved and goaded a fight. I get that Jill is damaged, but REALLY. She knows Kay. I wish she'd just accept -- in an untrusting way. Right now, the conflict actually seems manufactured by Jill's stubborness...and the stubborness seems a little unbelievable.

This is really just a wink-joke, right? 'Cause otherwise I'm wondering what the heck is going on.

I like the bookstore. I like that they took that Paris bookstore set and switched it up A LITTLE and make it Trumble's. There are a couple of tables in there (remember, when Chloe interviewed "Roger" as a blind date for Esther?). I'd trade that bookstore for a cafe any day. Part of the brilliance of it, like a library, is the nooks and crannies. The scripts write themselves. Two characters have a heartfelt conversation, and someone is on the other end of the stacks, listening in...or barreling around the corner and spying something surprising.

I love the look and colors too. In general, Y&R has not gone wrong (for me) with a set in forever. I even loved Adam and Jack's dive motel room...SO filthily authentic. I'd like to see that again (and not just in the repurposed form that we saw it in for the Roger-Clint arc).

• Members

If I was writing the Y&R, Sharon would find out she was HIV positive. Can you imagine the town wide freak out? With the advances in medications and treatments, Y&R is going to be cancelled long before she'd die, but it would also show the audience real consequences for irresponsible behavior. Unlike Noah, she has made no indication that she ever uses condoms and she also makes it sound like she's screwing any bell boy/delivery boy who makes it to her door. Billy would be forced to come clean to Chloe and Jack and it would be interesting to see what would happen from there. Would Jack still continue to stand by Sharon?

• Members

Nah. She slept with Billy (that's the only real hook-up), Jack (her husband) and Nick (her ex-husband). Billy has been a few other places lately (Amber, Chloe), but not much else. Jack's been a choirboy, and Nick's only been with monogamous Phyllis.

Not a good safe sex lesson, but not so much risk of HIV.

Let's just let it go where it seems to be going...it will still have consequences.

• Members

I'm sure the writers will do great with whatever they plan (with Sharon). There's always a payoff and the consequences make some good drama. I like it that I don't have to worried about how this show will handle their storylines. :)

• Members

She has to! She needs to show him who she is. Not that he doesn't know already. I wonder why Victor seems so calm about it; maybe he thinks Ashley wouldn't leave him even though he betrayed her?

Archived